wiseguy109

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

Shellshock Nam 67 freezes before any screen comes up. It freezes even when I use the original bios with the original disc. This is the only game that freezes all other games I have work fine.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

Read the tutorial: Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems

#3 wiseguy109

wiseguy109

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:26 PM

Tried all of that already, thanks for the suggestion though.

#4 ziggyzboy

ziggyzboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:06 PM

use latest dvd2xbox my pal version backup great
pretty crap game though although its good 2 c a war game that is honest in everyway its crap but hey beats the hell outta MOH

#5 Ichijoe

Ichijoe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:34 PM

My copy locks up near (or after), the point where you blow up the Gas Station. in the 'Men Down' level. Each time with an Audio lockup 'Errrrrrrrrehm' sound! At which point I have to reset and start over.

Is anyone eles triping up over this (or other places)?

BTW Shellshock Nam'67 is a great Game minus the veries Map Holes, Third Person Camera & and the 'Forced Button press' to Prone. A great game
I wonder if they can do Shellshock Iraq'04 next tongue.gif

#6 ES771

ES771

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:13 PM

@ichijoe

i had the same problem. i try it severall times, and everytime its freeze in the same position ( near the gas station)

if you come out from the tunnel, and you get on your display the order to blow up the gas station. you have to kill all the VC in this area.

And then if you killed all the VC, one of your Soldiers say to you to Blow up the
Gas Station. And then you have to blow the Gas Staion up, not earlier.

#7 rennigade11

rennigade11

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:56 PM

I backed it up with pxhddloader. Works great. I just beat it the other day.

#8 Ichijoe

Ichijoe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:16 PM

->ES771

That's correct I managed to figgure it out for myself a while ago.

Kill ALL Charlies THEN the Gas Station = Stage Exit!!

Stupid Freakin' Bug! mad.gif
But, then again I thought the various Map holes were a nice touch too. (Same Level)...

Oh yeah I do have One last complaint about this Game...

It's too d*mned short! Minus all the Gas Station retries (um Crashes).
I managed to beat it after 4H 40M (and so many Seconds).

Yeah This was a good Rental shame that this Game doens't have System Link or Live! (how cool that would be!).

Overall I'd give it 85 out of 100!

It was diffently better then Halo and MOH though!

#9 chrisa777

chrisa777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:17 AM

I get a dirty disc error when i leave the camp to go get some sucky sucky from the vietnamese hookers, only place it does it though, kinda funny

#10 spfx

spfx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:43 PM

For the record i have the same problem with shellshock nam 67 and i am running a xenium mod chip and a 1.0 xbox. This game will not load at all out of all of the new games this is the only one that does this.

Beginning to think that it is a problem with the xenium os or maybe the 1.0 xbox and this game compatability wise.

#11 rnrlifestyle

rnrlifestyle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:39 AM

I've been looking for a solution to this problem too, only to come up empty handed. The game never loads and everything freezes and yes, I tried the tricks supplied in the guide, but to no avail. It makes no difference whether I run it from the disc or the HDD. This is the only game that misbehaves.

I'm running xecuter2 on an xbox v1.0.

Any suggestions on what to try?

#12 spfx

spfx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:17 PM

rnrlifestyle do you have a samsung dvd in your xbox?

I swapped my crappy dvd drive for a samsung out of another xbox and i am wondering if the dvd drive type is somehow tied to the default M$ xbox eeprom.

I tried another experiment the other night and unplugged the xenium 1.1 from the pin headers, protected the xenium so it wouldn't short out anything and then put the xbox back together and tried to run the shellshock game.

When i did this it gave me the problem with your xbox screen call M$ and i believe the error was 07.

Now i did not disconnect the D0 wire when i did this but this has led me to believe that maybe my official xbox eeprom is screwed up....either from the dvd drive swap or from the buggy xenium 2.0 beta os.

I posted an article over on the teamxodus web site the makers of the xenium os as a possible bug...maybe if you and others that have the same problem someone who knows more than us will take a look at it.

#13 rnrlifestyle

rnrlifestyle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:35 AM

spfx:

I have a Thomson drive so I guess the drive is not to blame then. It's not likely that the xbox version is the reason the game won't start (or there'd be a lot more customers complaining). Must have something to do with the chip I guess.

Oh well, I have 9 more days to return the game and get the PC version instead...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users