• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uiibaa

uiibaa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:46 PM

I was wondering if anyone was continuing the updating of FCEUltra for xbox. There were a few things that I was hoping would get implemented, but never did... such as a native resolution of the NES (or close to it) so it's not blurry or scaled (I think it should also line up on the screen like a real NES, no stretching or moving... maybe a "native" mode in the scaling options is needed).

And also there is a need of a palette that is closer to what a real NES outputs (maybe have the palette file easily replaceable or loadable, this is probably the best solution... as the PC version will let you). IMBNes already does both of those things, and it looks quite nice on a TV (s-video NES!)... even if IMBNes lacks a lot of features/mappers FCEUltra has. Sadly, not even NesterDC for Dreamcast does these things, either. It's just, as a side by side comparison... the colours look nothing like a real NES, and it's not as clear, either... Just take a look at SMB, the colour is way off.

There were a handful of palette files on the net that tried to be as close as possible to the real NTSC NES... but only one, I noticed, was the most accurate. My main computer is down at the moment, so I can't pull it off my hardrive or tell you which one it was.

Anyways, just a thought.

#2 scryed

scryed

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:50 PM

XPort is the one who ported FCE, he has his own forum on this site.

XPort Projects

Please read the guidlines/faq's before asking any question in that forum.

beerchug.gif

#3 uiibaa

uiibaa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:19 AM

oops, I must've been looking at an old page on his site... cause when I clicked forums, it went here. sorry about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users