3 replies to this topic

#1 jingjing

jingjing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:12 PM

What is the best way to copy my files from my old xbox that only has 160gb hd to my new xbox that now has 250gb hd. I want both to have the same files. I'm just copying the applications and games, not the OS or any xbox files. After I get my new 250gb drive working in the new xbox, can i just remove the dvd and place the first xbox 160gb hd in and copy? If so, what program is best. I don't want to use a computer, just one xbox or both if I haf't to. I only have evox and XBMC.

#2 NoMention

NoMention

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:11 AM

The best thing to do, without causing any trouble, would be to FTP everything over. What you would do is connect both XBoxs to your network and use something like FlashFTP to copy the data over from one to the other. It might take soem time since transfer speeds of the XBox do not seem to be the same as a standard 100Mb LAN so expect it to take a couple of hours.

NoMention

#3 jingjing

jingjing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:22 AM

thanks, I've been reading since I posted. This looks to be the best route. Sounds like a xbox work while I sleep job. smile.gif

#4 kramus

kramus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:58 AM

It's gonna take more than a couple of hours, it's gonna vary greatly depending on what sort of files are on the old HD.

I'd expect well over 24 hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users