2 replies to this topic

#1 mersisblue

mersisblue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:41 AM

So i have the Xbit I have it installed but I have not seen the xbit light up once

What I have learned is I have a version 1.0 Xbox
and that the D0 is successfully connected

I also know the Xbit is getting juice because besides the LED there is another small Light on it

between the black and yellow connector which will light up shortly when you turn it on

it will also light when I wiggle the d0 ( ever so slightly )

so where does that leave me ? I have contacted the seller and unless I hear someone with

similar experience with a possiable solution I am ready to say this is a defective chip

I also have not been able to flash the bios because the PC running 98 cant make a connection

all the reports of this on the net only reference this to XP machines (andpossiably NEC motherboards )

I have also read that A lot of Xbit chips have been defective

is there any advice out there for me

if I must get another chip Im thinking solderless chameleon

Ps - I also tried the paper trick thanks to jester

and also cleaning the pongs with rubbing alchol because there are rare cases of the lubricant inside causing conductivity problems

Edited by mersisblue, 17 September 2004 - 04:43 AM.

#2 mynuffinfutsitch

mynuffinfutsitch

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:46 AM

add a little bit af sodder between the dO pts , if you wiggle it and it works then that means a bad connection

#3 mersisblue

mersisblue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:00 AM

No thats not what I said when the chip powers on there is a small light that will light for a second between the black and yellow cable connections

NOT once have I seen the LED turn on

when I wiggle I can recreate the small light flicker comfirming ( to me ) that there is a good connection and yet no LED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users