• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spooty

Spooty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:51 PM

Hi, I posted earlier and have a couple of other things ticking over in my mind which I could do with some help.
Quick recap.
I have a totally knackered xbox given to me by a work friend. He deleted the hdd and I think finished it off with dodgy hotswap. There was no backups made at all. I believe there is no way at all as getting a connection to it after many hours or reading and trying my options.
I have a softmod box and a spare xenium chip (Solderless). Is it feasable for me to get a new hdd for my xbox, put the chip in and do a hdd upgrade, then back up the eeprom. Then I can go back to a softmod xbox.
Then put the working hdd in the damaged xbox, install the chip then restore the eeprom. Will this work or am I getting a tad muddled?
Thanks for any help.

#2 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:59 PM

You could always try to put the xenium in the knackered box and see if you can boot with the HDD that is in there and rebuild it, or just get a new hdd, that should work as well

#3 Spooty

Spooty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for the reply bigga. Yeah the chips been in the xbox and no go. I have just put the chip in the working xbox and tried to clone/upgrade the hdd from the working to the poorly box with no luck so I am very sure the hdd is toast.
Is it possible to put a new hdd in the broken xbox and restore?. The only thing that I was bothered about putting a new hdd in the bad box and it not working as there is no working clock on the xbox. Can i simply install a new hdd in the bad box and go with slayers?
I was curious if the option I mentioned first would work as it would at least virtually guarentee me at the very least a box with a larger drive and the possibitlity of fixing the old one.
Sorry for the noobish questions and thanks for help again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users