Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 January 2003 - 05:49 AM

Hello smile.gif, I just purchased the new sony DRU-500a DVD recorder. Let me tell ya.. i'm having a hell of a time getting different recording software to recognize it. I even updated the bios to 1.0f. Nero recognizes both my burners, but Still Record now max only recognizes my CDR burner not the SOny DVD. I need help here. I shelled out over $350+ tax dollars for this DVD-r to make XBOX backups. So,.. if any of u guys have any ideas.. let me know something r ill just take it back & go hd only.

u can learn something from everybody.

#2 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2003 - 06:44 AM

get a pioneer

#3 solidfood

solidfood

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 06:50 AM

hmmm this has been asked millions of times but are u using the newes recordnowmax? newest is 4.5 and get the newest pxengine update..plus i would take that dru back cuz they coming out with a dru500ax in about 2 days at the same price..dru500ax is said to be better and may be able to upgrade to 8x dvd-r burning.

Edited by solidfood, 28 January 2003 - 06:51 AM.

#4 rooicity

rooicity

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:42 AM

The DRU500ax is just a 4x speed burner, no difference with that
When you buy the Sony you'll get a Stomp RecordNow version with it.

Download latest version (Recordnow Max 4.5 i think ) ... works perfect with my Sony DRU500

Edited by rooicity, 28 January 2003 - 07:47 AM.

#5 solidfood

solidfood

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (rooicity @ Jan 28 2003, 07:42 AM)
The DRU500ax is just a 4x speed burner, no difference with that
When you buy the Sony you'll get a Stomp RecordNow version with it.

Download latest version (Recordnow Max 4.5 i think ) ... works perfect with my Sony DRU500

Dru500ax is a newer model that looks the same but with improvements even tho sony isnt saying anything cuz they dont want people demanding a repair/replacement for there dru500a.The dru500a is discontinued so they are on close out now..they should be selling the dru500a for a much lower price now to get rdy for the dru500ax.

Edited by solidfood, 28 January 2003 - 09:17 AM.

#6 lala larry

lala larry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Jagosix @ Jan 28 2003, 06:49 AM)
Hello smile.gif, I just purchased the new sony DRU-500a DVD recorder. Let me tell ya.. i'm having a hell of a time getting different recording software to recognize it. I even updated the bios to 1.0f. Nero recognizes both my burners, but Still Record now max only recognizes my CDR burner not the SOny DVD. I need help here. I shelled out over $350+ tax dollars for this DVD-r to make XBOX backups. So,.. if any of u guys have any ideas.. let me know something r ill just take it back & go hd only.

As mentioned you will need to upgrade to RecordNow Max 4.5 for it to recognize the DRU500A. Here is the link: http://www.stompinc....index.phtml?stp

Side Question: When I installed 4.5, it said it "must" uninstall EZ CD Creator first, which I did. Has anyone ever re-loaded it back or left it loaded? Just wondering what affect it would have on RNM 4.5. Thanks.

#7 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Jagosix @ Jan 27 2003, 11:49 PM)

Why not use Nero? Upgrade to the new version (5.5.10.0), it'll burn for Xbox just as well as RNM.

#8 wolfie

wolfie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 12:35 AM

I also have a DRU500a. Have no problems with Nero 5.5.10.0. I also have cloneCD 3.3.4.1 and it recognizes it as well though I have not burned anything with it. xISO also is happy with the sony (burn and read).

I have yet to produce a DVD that my xbox is happy with though I believe its the Memorex media (DVD-RW and DVD+RW) I tried. I burned a standard movie DVD from home camera movies and the xbox didn't read that either but my cheap ass DVD player in the den played the movie just fine. I am going to do the pot tweeking on the xbox drive to see if I can get it to read the media shortly.

#9 wolfie

wolfie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:44 PM

Ok, update..Post-Pot tweek results..
I performed a pot tweek on my Philips Xbox drive. I had to turn the pot nearly 120 degrees. Slightly more and the drive became unstable and I backed it off a grunt or two.

It now will read:
Memorex CD-R (80m)(silver)
Princo CD-RW (80m)
Memorex CD-RW (74m)
Memorex DVD-R
Memorex DVD+R

It still will NOT read:
Memorex DVD-RW
Memorex DVD+RW
Memorex Black CD-R (I use them for PS2 backups)
Any blue dye CD-R (Noname, Verbatim, Memorex)

#10 wolfie

wolfie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 02:49 AM

I just picked up a 10pack of Verbatim DVD+R/+RW (9 +R, 1+RW) from Best Buy for $30. $3 a disk is pretty cheap for local stores (Memorex is up around $4-$5 ea).

Did test burns of Dark Alliance ISO using Nero 5.5.10.0 as well as RecordNow DX 4.56 and the pot-tweeked Xbox will read the Verbatim DVD+RW (but still won't read Memorex/Sony DVD+RW's burned from same ISO) as well as reading the DVD+R from Verbatim. The DVD+R's are 4x burn media to boot (Memorex are only 2.4x).

So far Verbatim seems the best choice for me until I get some web-order stuff in to test.

[Edit: Can't spell worth a darn today]

Edited by wolfie, 02 February 2003 - 08:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users