• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zbrands

zbrands

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:34 PM

okey my original xbox hdd failed and i want to put a new one in so how would i do that i have c,e and f off my old failed hdd and the dash was 4920 so how would i put this on my new drive to make it work with my xbox and i have the key and pass for the failed one thanxs.......

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:38 PM

If you have the C, E and F backup, then simply install and prepare the new drive and then FTP over the backed up C, E and F. You shouldn't need the old drive at all.

Moving to General Hardware Chat. smile.gif

#3 zbrands

zbrands

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

my xbox isnt modded will this still work

#4 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:22 AM

Please try using propper grammar and punctuation in your posts. It makes it a lot easier for people to help you.

If you have the eeprom and your MS dash files, download XboxHDM 1.9 (usual places) and create an ISO containing the eeprom and the files from C (should be self explanatory)

Burn the ISO and shutdown your PC (leave the disc in your computer).

Hook up your HDD (the one you want to use in your Xbox. Make sure it's lockable first) to your PC's primary master drive (should probably be where your computer's HDD was hooked up) and turn on the computer.

The computer should boot into XboxHDM. Select option 1 or 2, and then type "Xboxhd" when it prompts you to (without the quotes of course).

Select option 1 (should be "rebuild a new HDD from scratch) and follow the directions. When it's done, it should have formatted your HDD and copied the C drive files that you put in the iso.

Type reboot, press enter and it shoudl reboot your comp.

It should load XboxHDM again, and this time select option 3 (linux locking and unlocking tools).

When it's done loading, type "lockhd -a" (without the quotes) and it should lock your HDD using the password from your eeprom.

Put the HDD inside your Xbox and if done properly, your Xbox should boot up into the MS dashboard.

Edited by Trevante, 18 September 2004 - 01:22 AM.

#5 Jer_ry

Jer_ry

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:47 AM

Just curious..you said it will load up your C files you put in the ISO if you put your E in the proper iso folder also prior will it copy that too? Also the copied C i have is softmodded so i take it that it won;t load to ms dash but instead evox which i have installed? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users