• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 monkeyfleas

monkeyfleas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:16 AM

Um. I wasn't appealing to you specifically. So, your list will live on to fight another day. I assumed that many people read the threads here - it was a general question to everyone.

#17 lithite

lithite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:14 PM

GAH!!! THE THREAD WAS ABOUT TO SINK INTO OBSCURITY! IMA BUMP IT UP SO OTHERS CAN FIND IT! Plus, Im getting in contact w/ ldots about all the crazy stuff for the aussie we got here. SO STICK AROUND, CHANGES TO COME!

#18 oochr1soo

oochr1soo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:54 PM

Well tried out these steps today.. Worked like a charm.. Greatly Appreciate all the work you did to figure this out!!.. GLad to be back online..

Thanks

Chris

#19 lithite

lithite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:28 PM

fell through to pg 2, gonna bump it up...mebbe a mod cane come and get this pinned, like in sha's pin about tutorials...just a thought.

#20 pmpnic

pmpnic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:51 AM

I am new to posting on these forums since I'm not really one to go into new territory, but thank you to all that have helped me without even knowing it. That being said, I was accidentally banned from XBL the other night and am trying to change my eeprom to the new one that I just got. I have a 1.6 box, and I'm probably doing something stupid, but I just can't get the telnet part to work. My PC normally connects to the net through a router, as does my xbox, but in your tutorial you say that I have to connect the xbox's net cable directly to my PC? This is the part that is screwing me up, if i disconnect my PC from the router, the connection comes up as the cable being unplugged, therefore regardless of what I make the ip on my computer, it will not use the connection. The only way that I was able to ftp to the xbox from my computer was to connect both back to the router like before, I'm using avalaunch on my xbox, and I know what it's ip addy is. Telnet will not work if they are both plugged into the router either, since I think mini-linux's static ip is not routing through the router to the xbox, but even if I use the same ip in telnet that works for ftp, when mini-linux is running neither works anymore. Sorry for rambling on, last thing, I'm also not getting a blank screen when mini-linux runs, there is some writing at the top at first, then the screen goes to screwed up colors with bands of green.
Thanks

#21 pmpnic

pmpnic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:39 AM

Well, I was able to figure out my own problem, and perhaps I'm the first to change an eeprom for a 1.6 xbox while still using a router? Anyway, apparently my whole problem was in my net config, I used my web browser to access my router, and I set it up so that my PC and my xbox were plugged into the router and were using the same IP's as are in the tutorial. As soon as I did this it worked like a charm and I am now back on XBL, thanks lithite for the tutorial and angerwound for the eeprom!

#22 lithite

lithite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:18 AM

Its crazy, guys... I came to the forums as a total noob just 47 posts ago, and I didnt klnow a thing. I wanted others to tell me how to do every step of the way, but as a 1.6 owner, I realized i was a pioneer, noone was really sure what was going on with me. It took me a while to figure out that I was getting problems noone else was and that I was going to need to be a self advocate. Im glad that I have helped people, and I hope that this guide helps noobs looking for simple answers in the future(though hopefully by then they will have cm next released and we wont have to deal w/ this crap.) laugh.gif

#23 lithite

lithite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:25 PM

one last bump before i let this sink forever...sent shan a pm asking to put us in his tutorial pin, but havent gotten a reply...I think that most of the people who need this have gotten it. I hope so.

#24 Yoma44

Yoma44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:37 AM

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for posting this and for going through this to help us. I'm actually getting started trying to unban an Xbox, but I'm not sure yet whether it's a 1.6 or a 1.0 Xbox. I think it's 1.0. So I'm trying to figure out what to do.

#25 lithite

lithite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:29 AM

its really easy to tell which it is, check the tutorials on the parent site...
I hope for your sake that its as easy as a 1.0, because, well, its as easy as using configmagic final. good luck, you can always post here, but i dont check back very often, so I hope others will help.

#26 Zodiiak

Zodiiak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Yoma44 @ Oct 5 2004, 03:40 AM)
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for posting this and for going through this to help us. I'm actually getting started trying to unban an Xbox, but I'm not sure yet whether it's a 1.6 or a 1.0 Xbox. I think it's 1.0. So I'm trying to figure out what to do.

A very quick and simple way of telling if it is a 1.6:

Flip the xbox over and look at the MFG date. If the date is on or pass 3-22-04, it is most likely a 1.6 xbox. I know because this is always the case with all my customers and xbox purchases for premods wink.gif

#27 cmb2g

cmb2g

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

THis is exactly what i had been searching for also being a 1.6 owner and not being able to use some of the old methods. Thanks for a great tut. my question is with the xenium os can this process be as easy as ftp'ing the new eeprom file in and using the restore eeprom option? simple but would it work?

huh.gif

#28 lithite

lithite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:34 PM

umm
no
the eeprom on your xenium os is for pre 1.6, i think. or if not, it loads to the cip, not the hdd. Yes, you could try it. No, it wouldnt work.

#29 cmb2g

cmb2g

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:50 AM

'preciate the reply i guess i will get a good eeprom and follow the tut! i'll keep my fingers crossed

#30 drag0n

drag0n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:59 AM

wow.

I have been looking for a way to do this for months.

I will try as soon as I get my hands on a 1.6 eeprom.

Thanks a lot man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users