32 replies to this topic

#1 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:06 PM

hello,right ive never chiped a console of any kind before,so i thought it was about time i did.I just recived my xenium ice no solder mod chip and looked for a guide how to install it.i went to the ozxodus home page and used theirs,i got the adapter in (ithink),now what i dont get is how to get the chip to stick to the adapter,the guide said to simply line up the pins on the adapter to the word xenium on he chip and push down.Are the pins meant to go into something?like a conection or something because i just cant find anything for them to stick to if anyone can help you may be able to stop me smashing my head into a brick wall
thanks if you can help

#2 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:13 PM

They don't stick anywhere, you put the adaptor on the LPC Port, screw it down and then slot the chip onto the Pins as shown in the diagram. Just make sure that you don't put it on the wrong way around, because that will most probably fry it.

If the LPC has solder in it, and the pins won't go in, then you most probably have a First Edition XBOX, in which case you just put the adaptor on top of the solder, instead of inside the holes, and align it.

#3 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:27 PM

ive got the adapter screwd on i had to fill the holes with the rivets ,what i cant do is get the chip on to the adapter the pins dont seem to go anywhere

#4 enve19

enve19

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:34 PM

Look at the underside of the chip, there is a small black retangular section with holes in it. That is where the pins go.

Make sure that you have the X (of xenium) at the top of the chip facing towards the back of the box (if that made any sense!!!)

#5 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:46 PM

is the black rectangle meant to already have pins in it? mine has and i dont think it should.

#6 preston

preston

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:51 PM

no, that is the adpator to allow you to connect the chip with the Solderless adaptor, so carefully take those pins out, keep them safe just to be sure though.

#7 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:55 PM

it's all coming together now,thank you everyone for your help thus far

#8 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:06 PM

right ive put the chip in pluged it in turned it on but it has just booted up like the normal xbox.what have i done wrong

#9 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:11 PM

The adaptor isn't making good contact and/or it isn't aligned correctly on the holes. Also check that the gold cable is making a good connection with the D0.

Try switching the Xbox on, whilst lightly pressing down on the chip with your finger, and see if it boots to a Red Xenium Screen.

Edited by Spark, 21 September 2004 - 01:12 PM.

#10 preston

preston

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:14 PM

check, double check and triple check your connections ESPECIALLY you're D0 connection, that can be a fiddly wee bugger.

tighten the screw and if needs be use the paper trick to make sure it's tight.

check the switch on the mod chip is in the right position (there are only two options can't remember which side it goes to)

good luck chum....

and welcome to the big bad world of XBOX mods...

#11 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

ive just tryed that still no joy,theres a red light on the chip does that mean its set up right or wrong or neither.
thanks again for any help

#12 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:26 PM

That means that it's not making good contact.

You have put it on the correct way around right ? It should be facing towards the IDE Controller on the Left.

#13 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:28 PM

preston i havent tryed what you said you just beat me to the post
the thing about the D0 connection in the guide it shown two pictures when explaining where it is, but neither looks like mine ,but a bit further down its shows a picture that does and it looks like the connection is in a differnt place so thats the one i used

#14 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

Oh Fuckinghell, that's most likely you're problem right there.

Do you know what version of XBox you have ?

#15 bastantey

bastantey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:39 PM

its a version 1.1,if you can sort me please do,and dont be afraid to call me a stupid twat,just as long as you help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users