4 replies to this topic

#1 andaval

andaval

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 11:09 PM

I have some games I would love to be able to play on my modded xbox -- TMNT, The Simpsons, X-men (4p), MK 1,2. etc... but MAME-X always says that it is missing files. They all run on my PC with MAME 32, so I don't think the roms are at fault, and other people seem to be able to get these roms to work... any ideas why they don't work for me?

Also, if I try to copy roms from a CDRW to my E: drive using boxplorer, I keep getting an error message saying that the drive is full, even though I have 4+ gigs left free. Anyone got a fix for this? (Could it be xisos fault?)

My system: matrix with EvoX d.6 ej, evolutionx 3285, boxplorer 0.96 beta

Thanks in advance...

#2 Tom M.

Tom M.

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:31 AM

MAMEX is based on MAME0.61 so get that version and verify if the roms are correct and also remember to merge them (all the needed files zipped into game zip file)....

then you should be able to run them on MAMEX (at least TMNT works for me...) if MAMEX supports them correctly (there are games such as Kung Fu Master that do not work on MAMEX correctly or do not work at all)

#3 RMCF

RMCF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:46 AM

FTP the files over.

#4 lilbigyoungin2000

lilbigyoungin2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:12 PM

Just wanted to say how excited I am that I get to play all my mame games (#-z yep I have EVERY mame game) on my box. I really miss playing superman, tmnt, xmen, etc...

Edited by lilbigyoungin2000, 29 January 2003 - 03:13 PM.

#5 andaval

andaval

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:19 PM

I actually have ftped some files over, and boxplorer lets me copy some files, but not all. I was just wondering why it would give a message like that. It is much more convenient for me to copy from CD-RW, which is why I'd like to get that working. I'll try to get mame 0.61. Anyone else got any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users