5 replies to this topic

#1 sashok

sashok

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 11:37 PM

I tried to backup a game onto Khypermedia dvd-r and the game plays, but i notice not everything is correct. Some video files are missing, and maybe even other files. I used the dvd-rw that came with my dvd drive, and that same game works perfectly, so I guess the media is bad. So anyone else having problems with this media?

#2 Sashimi-X

Sashimi-X

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 06:38 AM

Heh, I first started off my X-box experience by buying a bunch of name-brand media (TDK, Verbatim, Samsung, etc.). In fact, I bought a bunch of DVD-RWs since I read (or thought I read) that DVD-RWs are more likely to run on most X-box drives. To make a long story short, I failed to get any good runs with those damn RWs.

From my PS2 experience, I decided to give it a go and try the KHypermedia (Office Max - 5 for $20 or 10 for $20; you decide which one is the better deal...LOL) that has always worked with my PS2. Low and behold, it worked like a charm!

Since then, I've been able to back up pretty much all X-box games.
Keep in mind I do most of my backing up with original games and not scene releases (usually in RAR archives).

Of course, I got some Princo's now, so I'm doing backups on those. A LOT cheaper than buying DVD-R media locally... biggrin.gif

#3 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:08 AM

Talk about bad media Khypermedia ,never heard of it so must be cheap crapomedia laugh.gif

#4 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Hammy @ Jan 29 2003, 05:08 AM)
Talk about bad media Khypermedia ,never heard of it so must be cheap crapomedia laugh.gif

I bought Khypermedia from Office Max. They work good. When you look at the manufacturer ID with ADVDInfo it shows up as a CMC00R..G20 and that same code is used by Memorex and Imation disc. Khypermedia doesn't make their own disc. Kinda like Cendyne DVR-105's are really Pioneer drives.

Read about them at vcdhelper.com

Imation

Khypermedia

Memorex

#5 sashok

sashok

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:59 PM

Well, I though the media was good, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I ordered some Princo dvd-r and so I'll try that.

#6 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 January 2003 - 12:54 AM

I've got a game burned on a KHypermedia.

It's working so far.... (DOA Volleyball) I just haven't played it much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users