• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SneakerPimpZ

SneakerPimpZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

Hello, I am using Bit tornet and after i have finished Dl a program i need to burn it to a dvd rw (i dont know anything about FTP) so after i burn the program on to a dvd can i just take that cd and burn it on my xbox?

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:47 PM

yes, or you could do a search, or look in the tutorials section at the probably 10 or 12 guides on ftp transfering alone.

#3 kelemvor

kelemvor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:55 PM

If you downloaded a GAME using BT, that's illegal so I wouldn't bring it up again. Hopefully you don't get banned. The only reason to mod an XBox is to play the games that you already own and that you have backed up to DVD or your hard drive. Not to steal games on the internet. wink.gif

To quote the FAQ...

If you are dumb enough.. to admit in posts that you downloaded a game and want help with it.. expect the catch the attention of the staf.. who will likely edit or delete your post.. then suspend your posting privs.. then have have you banned.

Edited by kelemvor, 21 September 2004 - 07:02 PM.

#4 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (kelemvor @ Sep 21 2004, 02:58 PM)
That's illegal so I wouldn't bring it up again. Hopefully you don't get banned. The only reason to mod an XBox is to play the games that you already own and that you have backed up to DVD or your hard drive. Not to steal games on the internet. wink.gif

what? no its not, its illegal if you commit PIRACY using bit torrent, what if he is downloading dvd2xbox? that is distributed under the GNU public license and its free and open to anyone to distribute. as long as you dont download games, music, movies, ect. stuff thats copyrighted, its not illegal (although i would recomend using the "usual places" to get xbox apps, much more reliable)

#5 kelemvor

kelemvor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (thewickedjester @ Sep 21 2004, 01:00 PM)
what? no its not, its illegal if you commit PIRACY using bit torrent, what if he is downloading dvd2xbox? that is distributed under the GNU public license and its free and open to anyone to distribute. as long as you dont download games, music, movies, ect. stuff thats copyrighted, its not illegal (although i would recomend using the "usual places" to get xbox apps, much more reliable)

Sorry. I clarified my post. I left out the first half of the first sentence.

#6 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:01 PM

ok, just didnt want anyone running around thinking this whole site and all the free xbox apps and stuff was illegal.

#7 MMXMonster

MMXMonster

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Latitude - 41 44' 00.21" N, Longitude 71 24' 25.37" W
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:58 PM

what? no its not, its illegal if you commit PIRACY using bit torrent, what if he is downloading dvd2xbox? that is distributed under the GNU public license and its free and open to anyone to distribute.

DVD2Xbox isn't quite legal either... sure you can go to sourceforge and get the uncompiled source codes which can be distrubuted to the public, but once it has been compiled using a non-licensed XDK compiler it becomes a rogue app. Otherwise you wouldn't have to tell people you can get it at the "usual places". Until someone creates an opensource Xbox compiler all apps created by third party are illegal. So there really is nothing for the Xbox he can get legally off BT.
Or am I wrong?

Plus just using the words used in the topic of the thread, I think gives all the MODS higher blood pressure. grr.gif

Edited by MMXMonster, 21 September 2004 - 11:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users