2 replies to this topic

#1 arnaro

arnaro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:57 PM

Hi all I have a problem for all of you gurus out there.

The story
I have a v1.4 box bought in London (sept 04) with the Focus chip. I modded it with Xectuer 2.6 and everything went smooth. Flashed it with x4983.06. Put EvoX on it and left it on to download stuff to it for about 8 hours during the night. Turned it over to the next door neighbour who had been saving up money to buy the box and HDD for a while sad.gif.
The same night it came back as it was always freezing.

What Ive done
So I took it apart resoldered everything making sure everything was soldered to perfection, all soldering points shiny (as they are in the other 300+ boxes ive done). But the multimeter on the thing and all LPCs got a good grade as well as d0. Reflashed the chip, reformatted the HDD, reinstalled everything. Ive gone over the whole board with a magnifying glass and even taken digital pictues to blow up on my PC to look for solder splash with no luck.

Diagnostic
After a few attempts I realized that it wasnt really the box that was freezing but rather the display as sometimes I can FTP to it and stuff. Now the funny thing is that I can always boot up to the 2.6 cromwell screen on bank2 but if I leave it on the other bank or turn the chip on it acts the same (display freezes). Even if I unplug the chip it still acts the same. Sometimes it will run for a few minutes sometimes it freezes in the boot screen. The box has never blinked (red orange etc) during startup.

Resolution ???????

Please, please help me, my neighbour is in shock (hes a low earner with a big family).

Regards.

Edited by arnaro, 21 September 2004 - 11:00 PM.

#2 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

Did you try running the video mode switcher disc and force it to pal?

#3 arnaro

arnaro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:41 AM

Hi, and thanks for giving your tought on this,

Yes - I tried to change to NTSC and back to PAL but its still the same. Sometimes it starts with a blank black screen and every now and then I get to EvoX, its not freezing as much during tha startup routine as before. But like I said I need to boot several times to be able to see anything at all on the screen.

What I find strange is that it works sometimes, doesnt add up.

Regards/

Edited by arnaro, 22 September 2004 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users