• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rukz

rukz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

I received my XBOX recently with JSFR and SegaGT, I don't really play either. I'm still waiting to receive my matrix chip but while I wait I bought a game to keep me busy, Morrowind. I thought this game would keep me entertained for hours but i can't seem to get into it my character is so weak he deis everytime i go in to battle. I also borrowed Rallisport from a friend this game is pretty amazing good gameplay and graphics but again gets pretty boring. I'm looking to purchase another game with longer playability, something like Halo or Splinter cell? I'm not sure. Is there any good RPGs out for XBOX that aren't as in depth as Morrowind?? Thanks in advance.

rukz

#2 cadman

cadman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:16 PM

Splinter Cell. I have all the games that you mention and you are right they are great games but will not keep you moving. Splinter will do that.

#3 Sheytan

Sheytan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:31 PM

You die all the time in morrowind???

hehe my char is almost godlike

#4 rukz

rukz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:35 PM

Godlike? I'm stuck at the start I'm a magic user, i tried to fight those fish in teh water near the first town u start out at and got owned sad.gif i just wanted to level my char a bit...i don't know what to do...what character type are u?
HELP =)

#5 xmenxmen

xmenxmen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 07:56 PM

Why not just go out and rent a few and give them a try first.

Definitely Halo if you have not play it before. Have fun getting use to the control.

#6 M@verick

M@verick

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 January 2003 - 08:15 PM

you're looking for a game to buy? You've come to the wrong place.

Now if you wanna know about a game to burn...we might be able to help biggrin.gif

#7 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 January 2003 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (M@verick @ Jan 29 2003, 02:15 PM)
you're looking for a game to buy? You've come to the wrong place.

Now if you wanna know about a game to burn...we might be able to help biggrin.gif

This is the gamers forum, not the DVD Burning forum dumbass.

ANYWAY

Halo is great, it's not really hard to get used to (the last level is amazing!).
Splinter Cell is great, you will play that for a long time smile.gif.
Try Oddworld: Munches Oddysee if you havn't already.
Unreal championship is really fun multiplayer (and Live).
Uh.. RPGs.. Hmm.. KOTOR is coming out late Febuary, Fable is coming out next year.. not much in that Genre on the Xbox I'm afraid.

#8 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 03:04 AM

Splinter Cell is definitely one of the few games that will not only blow your mind, but provide you with a crowd of onlookers every time.

Re: Morrowind; I feel sorry for you. I bought that for my pc and thus had the construction set extra that allowed me to edit the game freely, thus I was able to skip the really dull bits while I tried to level.
As in nearly every RPG, playing a fighter type, or at least a fighter/magic user, will be a whole hell of a lot easier. You can still use spells from the various spheres if they are not your primary, and it is much easier to level if you have shit like running in your primary or secondary (just run all the time).
My recommendation with that game is to reevaluate the skills you chose and what order you choose them in. For instance, you should have at least one weapon, preferably long blades since they are plentiful, as one of your primary skills, as you can just run around whacking at the air all the time (be careful in towns, of course) and it will accelerate the leveling process a ridiculous amount. If you have spells in your primary slot, you have to cast spells constantly to level, and that takes much more time. later on, once you have greater survival skills, you can develop your magical prowess, and having a healthy wad of cash will help you grease the palms of the various wizards and get some help from them.

OF course, the best advice I can offer you is to buy splinter cell now; I guarantee you won't touch morrowind for at least 2 weeks.

IF you are interested in another great game that has really good replay value and a great learning curve, and many rewards for the dedicated player, i cannot recommend Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance enough. It is a totally different game from splinter cell, although their descriptions may sound similar, and it is really, really addictive.

#9 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 03:06 AM

Oh, and do yourself a favour and burn the disc with JSRF. It is the worst game...they really wrecked that franchise.

#10 rukz

rukz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 12:37 PM

LOL, agreed JSRF sucks. Yeah I'm not buying anymore games, I got my chip faster than I thought (thanks n1tro). As far as Morrowind goes you have to rest to regain your Magicka but you can't slepe anywhere in town, I went to the trade shop in the first town but I don't understand who I have to talk to or what I have to do to get a room.

This thread is turning into a help rukz with Morrowind thread.......my apologies.

#11 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 04:08 PM

Well, perhaps I am confused about what the problem is that you are having, but for one thing you should be at the inn/tavern rather than the store asking about rooms (just talk to the guy). Also, I usually just killed one person in each town in their home and used that as my resting place for that town. so long as you are quick about it should be no problem.

I usually just rest in the wilderness but I can see how that could be hazardous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users