• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#301 Xbox2005

Xbox2005

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mod : UXE + Nkpatcher 10<br />Xbox Dashboard : UnleashX and XBMC<br />Xbox region: NTSC/J
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:18 AM

Nah!

Age of empires 2 runs very fast with no glitches on my celeron 500 with 64 meg ram and 4 mb video card.The computer is 5 years old and the game was released 6 years ago (with good graphics).So i think the xbox should be able to run the game very wel.
You should see the minimum requirements of age of empires 2 by the way.I agree with lestat as he said that only little ram will be left and the game would not be able to recognise the video card of the xbox.Why did MS put a protection and stuff like that? grr.gif

Edited by Xbox2005, 12 February 2005 - 08:22 AM.

#302 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Xbox2005 @ Feb 12 2005, 01:24 AM)
Nah!

Age of empires 2 runs very fast with no glitches on my celeron 500 with 64 meg ram and 4 mb video card.The computer is 5 years old and the game was released 6 years ago (with good graphics).So i think the xbox should be able to run the game very wel.
You should see the minimum requirements of age of empires 2 by the way.I agree with lestat as he said that only little ram will be left and the game would not be able to recognise the video card of the xbox.Why did MS put a protection and stuff like that? grr.gif

View Post

well ill have to take your word for it.. but it still wont run on the xbox so get that dream out of your head. not unless you have the 128meg xbox.
nothing is gunna run on the xbox unless you have the 128meg board.
there might be a few OLD OLD games that run but nothing that anyone really cares about playing

but lets just hold our tongues,,, they havent even got 95 running properly let alone 98 or 2k or xp...........

#303 a94060

a94060

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

just a new post. I changed the forum hosting. it is now www.wbox.tk it is hosted by phpbb

#304 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:25 AM

I justed wanted to mention that games is not the only reason we're trying to get windows running on xbox. I'm mentioning this because of some slight (seen as) sarcasm coming back and forth because of games not running on. (IE-decent runs fine on mine, but i'm not a pc gamer myself) I'm just surprised at so much negativity coming from certain users. What's the big deal? Your doing no good being here but bringing down the ones that are hyped up to try and get it working.
Don't you remember people saying "Xbox won't run anything but xbox software." Look what it's doing now? Let's all be positive here. If you don't believe in things, let it be and please keep your opinions to your self. If after trying, it's not working out, fine, all good. But don't say it's not possible because of theoretical BS.
This forum is to get things moving, NOTHING ELSE. So, please keep your negative opinions to yourself. (You know who you are). Not trying to be a dick here, just very positive, and don't believe in "Can't", and just don't see the point in it with ANY negative (unless facts from trial and error) feedback. The topic discussion is "Getting it Running Efficiently", NOT "Is this possible?/Can it happen".
I hope you see things the same way. Thank you for listening.

#305 a94060

a94060

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:26 PM

i agree with the previous poster. we should really try and succed. not keep falling down.

rember we were supposed 2 move th forum 2 www.wbox.tk ? rember............

#306 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

This really gives a feeling that .tk-sites are most of the time 'worthless'. You need Firefox to watch them (or be prepared for the pop-ups/spyware) and most of the time, there is nothing interesting to find. Remembers me of .cjb.net.sad.gif

Not intented as a flame, though. tongue.gif

#307 Papounet

Papounet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:06 PM

I don't know exactly at what result you want to arrive, But...

A few yaers ago, I was oblige to install win95 on a PC-like which is running like a private network backup set.

the hardware of this machine had been made by a third party and we have writing a bios with some compatible entry points.

After that with a Digital SDK, we had configure a DR DOS which was able to fix the missing calls.

At all, with 8 or 9 months of works, we can run "WIN" at the DOS prompt...

It was really a magic think when Window appear for the first time.

Be happy and go, I think it's possible.

Regard from France.

Alain

PS: Old machine based on 486DX2-66 with 4Mo ram and 80Mo HDD !!!!! wink.gif

#308 Enthrall

Enthrall

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:16 AM

ok guys dont get your hopes up so soon, yes this is random im the new person to post so here it goes. Xbox 2 laugh.gif i heard will have a 256mb's of ram if you want me too i cant get alot more specs all the way down to processor which will have about four yes its unbelievable but iv seen the graphics and its like doom3 or half-life 2. so just approve me if you want more specs.

#309 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(Enthrall @ Mar 2 2005, 04:22 AM)
ok guys dont get your hopes up so soon, yes this is random im the new person to post so here it goes. Xbox 2  laugh.gif i heard will have a 256mb's of ram if you want me too i cant get alot more specs all the way down to processor which will have about four yes its unbelievable but iv seen the graphics and its like doom3 or half-life 2. so just approve me if you want more specs.

View Post

*looks at his post-count*

Oooooooo...kay... sleeping.gif

#310 thecrazy

thecrazy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:33 PM

Hi guys...

Regarding the website, I havent touched it for a very long time and im not goig to as long as we dont get some kind of developer to work on the project. I hate to say this but at the moment this is getting nowhere mighty fast. Im not going to make a place holder.

And do we have another forum or not? If so WHICH one theres at least 3 different forums that have been posted.

Thecrazy.

#311 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:46 PM

first i have to say sorry for being away that long. there were some problems that really took time to get over...

another thing is i lost all my code (which wasn't to much smile.gif )
can anyone tell me the status of this project? things that have been decided, discoverys made?

#312 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:15 AM

SCAN C IS ALLIVVVEEEE!

Well..

We thought of getting winxpe run on xbox since it doesnt give a SHIT what it rusn on (16 meg flash chips , need i say more?)

Problem is the boot loader only which we need a coder to right.

My suggestion to you Scan-C is to go through the WHOLE 18 something pages of the thread and refresh your head and see whats currently going on.

-BxN

#313 Gryx

Gryx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

And what's the new forum of wbox.conforums3.com?

#314 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(big_xbox_n00bie @ Mar 27 2005, 08:21 PM)
SCAN C IS ALLIVVVEEEE!
Well..

We thought of getting winxpe run on xbox since it doesnt give a SHIT what it rusn on (16 meg flash chips , need i say more?)

Problem is the boot loader only which we need a coder to right.

My suggestion to you Scan-C is to go through the WHOLE 18 something pages of the thread and refresh your head and see whats currently going on.

-BxN

View Post

***BIG OL SIGH***

Once again its XP EMBEDDED THAT DONT CARE.

PE or PRE-INSTALL ENVIRONMENT last i heard, and im sure im correct is a PC HARDWARE based , BIOS contingent IT Proffesion's tool to prep a system for an XP install. If you dont know then go grab Super WinPE its a knoppix style cd bootable os. all its designed to do is get you into a failed XP or other NTFS system. or run from a system without windows on it so you can format and partition drives or recover data.

Embedded is the only one,, just like CE Embedded, and 98 Embedded, and Tablet Embedded that does not care about hardware.

do not confuse the 2. they are 2 VERY different things.

Embedded Preview is free go download it,, and install it on your system. (it dont install windows on your PC it installs the tools you need to create an install image.)

hell i cant believe someone with windows programming knowledge who also knows some xbox tricks hasnt tried it yet. all you need is the drivers for the xbox audio, video and motherbaord, ethernet. oh controllers too
Mouse and Keyboard would be included in the USB support of the OS and making sure legacy USB Device support is enabeld so it can see a mouse and keyboard on the usb controller port, since thats all the xbox controllers are , are usb ports.

#315 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

i guess i have to read everything then biggrin.gif

about the driver coding... i don't know anything about that. maybe you can help out lestat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users