374 replies to this topic

#46 betaluva

betaluva

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:23 AM

i dont if it matters but winbox is allready taken, WINBOX email client,http://www.winbox.com/

#47 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:57 AM

How bout just using 'Xindows"?? That's kinda catchy anyway. Or maybe even "Xbindows"

Edited by djdafreund, 14 October 2004 - 06:57 AM.

#48 h8raid

h8raid

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:32 AM

Well I guess Winbox is out of the question then, Xindows is also already taken by a group that is VERY SECRETIVELY working to get Windows running on the Xbox. I don't know we are going to have to come up with a name for it sooner or later, any other ideas?

With the latest news on the media center extender for the Xbox it is going to be interesting to see exactly what comes out of that whole deal. Maybe M$ will actually provide some answers in their own release of that software.....unless we beat them to it. Unfortunately I would imagine it will be nothing more than a frontend to MCE because of the fact that M$ will obviously not support upgraded hard drives. The only reason I am even suggesting that they may actually give us some answers with this software is that it will undoubtedly have to utilize some form of bootloader embedded into the .xbe file. Unless of course their goal is to take the focus from XBMC and attempt to profit off of their work. After all, XBMC can already be set up to work as a frontend to MCE, just not the way I would imagine M$ doing it. Who knows, I guess we will have to see what happens and cross that bridge when the time comes.

#49 betaluva

betaluva

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:40 AM

how about, windbox,osbox,windobox,billgbox(LOL!),xpbox,winntbox,fatx-os-box,pcbox ?

#50 betaluva

betaluva

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:40 AM

xbox controller driver for windows,http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html

#51 ravenous

ravenous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:00 PM

How about WinOsBox - "WOB for short" I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help guys.. I kn ow nothing about coding, but I am fluent in 3d modeling and graffix.... I really love the idea of getting any version of WinOs to run smoothly on xbox without the need of an emulator. Email me : Humanracereject@yahoo.com

#52 ravenous

ravenous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:02 PM

Or you could try WinXBE.... just my 2 cents smile.gif

#53 h8raid

h8raid

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:29 PM

WinXBE is nice, is that name already taken betaluva?

#54 ravenous

ravenous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:47 PM

I did a google search and few others with bbb and nothing about a WinXBE smile.gif

#55 h8raid

h8raid

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:05 AM

Good to hear, WinXBE it is then

#56 betaluva

betaluva

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:31 AM

WOO-HOO! ,WinXBE RULEZ. laugh.gif

#57 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

alright enough about the name.. we have to do some more research.. can everyone state where they are at in terms of research and what they are doing as part of the project right now??.. im researching the boot process of all the os's up to win2000.. just to see exactly what we can manipulate once the bios can boot windows... has anyone talked to any bios programmers?? is there any progress what so ever??

#58 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:09 PM

i'm back finally! no one on my trip wanted to give this a try sad.gif most of the time i got responses like "the xbox is for kids" or "use your computer". a bunch of idiots.

as for fires request i'm researching the boot process also but i use embedded on an old nforce board i had laying around. other than that i'm looking over the bios codes from cromwell and award. maybe there's a way to inject the code for booting from a dvd-rom into cromwell.

#59 h8raid

h8raid

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:44 PM

Welcome back Scan-C, hope everything went well on your trip. Things have been pretty slow this past week as you can see, but just so you know we decided on a project name while you were away, WinXBE. It's kinda catchy and a suitable title. Well, keep us posted on your findings, same with you fire. I am doing my research on boot processes, alternative methods to boot, etc. I am also trying to find a few more coders to join the team.
Regards,
-H8raid

#60 Code-X

Code-X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:00 PM

I think a look at ReactOS could help,
http://www.reactos.com/

EDIT:
Found some extra stuff about bottin etc.
http://en.wikipedia....i/Boot_sequence

I'm wondering if we can get Cromwell to load NTLdr then go from there.

Edited by Code-X, 18 October 2004 - 08:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users