• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

Ok, i've been searching/scanning the forums for a few months. I've gone from installing the chip, to installing a new 250 gig hd, backing up my games, to getting avaluanch, to networking with my pc ... the gammit of newb functions. Ok, here is my problem: I seem to have over half of my HD space tied up in the x, y, and z drive, which I learned from some other posts is for game shares. I screwed up my x drive b/c before i knew what the drive was for, I copied some files onto it. Also, my G drive is not working/formated. I tried, as one post suggested to another person, to format just the g drive using slayers. I run it, it says formating, and 3 seconds later it's done. Seems fishy. Since I spent a bit of my paycheck on that 250, i want to use all of it! What can I do to convert the space tied up in x (which seems "lost" now), y, and z to usable space for backups of my games, media, etc? I don;t think more than 10 gigs is needed for saves, let alone 120 gig!

Thank you so much, contributors to this forum, for not only answering my question, but the many, many other questions that you have answered. I know without those other patient posts, I wouldn't have been able to get this far!

#2 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

You must make sure that you are using a bios which supports having the f:\ and the g:\

#3 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:00 AM

nightfire, oops, sorry, forgot to mention, i have evox2.6 (eject fix) bios, which, as far as i have read, supports g drive.

#4 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:21 AM

Have you tried reformating it through ftp? If not, try that, if it still doesnt work, switch to xecuter 4983 bios. 4983.06 is if you want one huge F:\ drive and the other is for if you want the g:\ drive

#5 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

thanks for the replay killer ... i search for a while and couldnt find any information on how to reformat via ftp ... can u point me in the right direction for a prog to use or a thread to read?

#6 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:07 AM

You will now need to send "Raw FTP Commands" with your FTP client. You may have to hunt through the pull down menus for an option called "send raw FTP command." Send the following "Raw FTP Command" with your FTP client:

Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partition7

The FTP app will echo a hard drive key (later referred to as 'the number') (display a long number in a dialog box). Use that key for the next command.

FormatDrive 'the number' (no quotes)

#7 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:17 AM

nightfire, can u link me to the original thread with that post ... i have some more questions on how to do this and the ramifications and i want to read it before i waste time here. thanks !

PS -- I get this error when i am trying the suggested in the command line: 502 Command not implemented, superfluous at this site. I tired deleting the extra space in the command line too. same.

Edited by safacles, 25 September 2004 - 01:24 AM.

#8 jeepjustin2002

jeepjustin2002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

how do you know for sure that the space is not formatted yet? Does your dash actually show the G: drive as 0? As for me i had the same prob, at least i thought. But my background for the dash just did not display the g drive at all. Once i found a skin that showed it, the space was there. Also the xyz drives are not the ones with all of the space.

#9 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:31 AM

justin--yeah, it shows as 0 in multiple skins, two dashes, xbmc, and my ftp client. and all the "extra" space seems to be in those darn xyz drives, though x now, as reported is 0 too! do u have your f and g formated right? if so, what did u do/use to get it that way?

#10 jeepjustin2002

jeepjustin2002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:37 AM

i can promise you the extra space is not in the xyz drives. I actually used x-disk installer to format my g drive. Xdisk is like a like slayers, i jsut like it a little better. All i did was choose format, it took a few seconds and then it was fine. Does the g drive show up on your FTP app? IF so try throwin some larger file on their to see if it will work .

#11 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

Sorry for the delayed reply but I was watching tv lol.

I found the info HERE

Hope this helps. If u need me anymore then u will have to pm me and I'll get back to u tomorrow as I'm off to bed.

#12 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 05:22 AM

justin -- the g drive shows up on my ftp app, but it wont let me access it. same with xbmc and with avalaunch. i am trying to get x-disk and will try to format g with that. if i format g will i lose everything on f?

nightfire -- thanks for your help and get some rest smile.gif ... i couldnt follow the tutorial there and was never able to send a "raw data cammand" ... i tried with both cuteftp and smartftp.

i reallllly hope i dont have to reformat all the drives ... i spent a lot of time backing up all my games and i dont have the hd space to move them to my pc unsure.gif

#13 safacles

safacles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:50 PM

update: i got x-disk, but after reading about it, it seems as though if i format the g drive, i lose everything on the f drive. can someoen confirm this for me, please? any suggestions on how to use the tools i have to tackle this problem without reformatting my f drive?

question: could it be that my ftp programs, evox, et al are showing the incorrect amount of space for the xyz (760 MB each) and the f (120 total) and that space really all is on the f drive?

Could i have done somehting wrong with the slayers cd and not formatted it correctly?

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users