3 replies to this topic

#1 Pen15

Pen15

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:45 AM

My xbox is currently at my apartment at college, but i come home on the weekend to get games etc, i want to install XBMC on my xbox without having to bring it home, is there a way i can burn it onto a disc so it will auto install? Thx

#2 punqewe

punqewe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:32 AM

if you run a dash or have an app with a filemanager,you could transfer the files from the disk to your box through that. Although editing the xml file would be hard if you didnt have a text editor. Either way,just use a file manager and transfer it to your apps folder and you should be good for the most part.

#3 Morien

Morien

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:05 AM

What I do if I'm too lazy to network my PC is have boxplorer on a cd-rw with xbmc in it's on folder. Then boxplorer auto-loads and I copy xbmc onto the hdd.

#4 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:14 AM

agree with morien, only thing i would do is swap boxplorer for unleshx, because it has a decent text/ini/xml editor built in- handy if you have no network access.

i think you can make an unleashx boot disk, load it take out the disc (assuming your bios supports no reset on eject) and put in your copy of xbmc on cd, (also make sure autolaunch game is disabled in unleshx settings)

better still install unleashx onto your hd smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users