• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BOGO24dk

BOGO24dk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:31 PM

I just bught an xbox from a guy totaly new. The guy told me that it has a mod chip. As a noob as i was i diden't ask wich cause i dident new nothing about it.
All i can say now after reading some more about xbox. Is that when my xbox starts , it says on the loading screen down at the bottom XEcutter 2. Now my question are :

1. How can i find out wich version of xecutter i have ?

2. What's the big diffrence betwen the modchips ? What do i gain if i have Xecutter 3 or any other then the one i allready have ?

3. I have read some tutorials about Xbox live , and i have found out from what i have read is that you need a on and off switch for the modchip before you can use xbox live. Is that true ? Isen't there any other way yo use Xbox live ?

4. And final question can you upgrade your xbox bios, some friend of mine told from the serial of the xbox that i have version 1.4. Can i upgrade to 1.6? unsure.gif

#2 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:54 PM

Ok here we go, just becasue it says Xecuter 2 doestn't mean that you have an Xecuter chip, that is the bios that loads and says that(about 90% of the people on here use the Xecuter 2 BIOS, and we all have a bunch of different kinds of chips). If you have a chip then you need a switch to turn it of for xbox live. THe difference in modchips doesn't matter all that much especially if you are new to this. ANd last of all the 1.4 is not your BIOS version it is the versrion of xbox that you have, and it is perfectly fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users