• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tars7

tars7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:26 AM

I can ftp to my xbox fine, but i can not get shoutcast, weather or the time servers to work. I don't think my xbox can connect to the internet? i am going through a dsl routher(netgear). I have read all the tutorials, but it does not seem that any of them apply to my situation and i could not find any threads on this topic. Thank you guys, sorry if i overlooked the answer.

#2 fireflier

fireflier

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:42 PM

Sounds like you might have a firewall in there somewhere that is denying access to the net. Or you may have to open ports on your router.

#3 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:49 PM

you have router- have you tried dhcp configuration

you don't say whether you are running a version of xbmc with network settings in gui or in xml

#4 sharps

sharps

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:04 PM

no probs, delete xbmp, reboot then should work ,had same nightmare, not compatable, ps get the 25/09/04 xbmc

#5 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:07 PM

Plenty of tutorials and post cover a router like you have.

Does your XBox connect directly to the router? Does it connect to your PC?

What is the IP addy of the XBox and router and your PC?

#6 tars7

tars7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:01 PM

Hey guys, i have the xbox connected directly to the router, im not sure whether or not there is a firewall present. I have the 9/9/04 build? The ip of the box is 192.168.0.3, comp is 192.168.0.2 and the router is 192.168.0.1 I set the ip of the box from the gui, have not edited the .xml file at all.

#7 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:07 PM

You need to edit the network settings, either in the GUI or in the XML depending on which version yor using, Add the Gateway (the router IP). That should take care of it for ya.

#8 DeaDSOuLz

DeaDSOuLz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:13 PM

Also make sure you have specified the dns either in your dash or xbmc, if its not getting it automagically.

#9 tars7

tars7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

Thanks guys, shoutcast works fine now, but the weather still doesn't work, it just hangs up and freezes when i try and view it.

#10 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:39 PM

Edit your xbmc.xml, change the logging to 0, then reboot. Try to access weather, if yuo have to reboot fine, then FTP in get the file xbmc.log. Post the contents of that here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users