• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crazyhorse104

crazyhorse104

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:44 PM

Hi Ive searched the forums and all over internet for an answer to my problem. Hopefully someone here has got an answer.

I try to transfer a gamefolder from my pc to xbox. I have transferrates up to 10mb/sec really good. But suddenly after sometimes 30 seconds other times 2 minutes the connection drops and I cant even go on internet from the pc. I have to reboot it. The xbox still have a connection.
I use windows 2000 pro I installed all the latest drivers for my nic (Abit vt7 motherboard built in) and mobo.
I have connected the xbox and pc through a dlink 704 hub.
I use flashfxp 3 and ticked the NOT PASV option
Seems like the nic collapses and has to be rebooted, i dont know.
Any suggestions?

#2 WilliamChgo

WilliamChgo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:02 PM

Could there be another device on the network using the same IP address?

#3 crazyhorse104

crazyhorse104

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:13 PM

Nope. they all have different ip:s and are dynamic dchp! It just happens when I use ftp, I dont know if there is an overload or someting, if the pc transfer alot of small files and it just crashes... What do you think?

#4 WilliamChgo

WilliamChgo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:56 PM

Unfortunately, I can't think of what else might cause a functioning FTP session to just "drop" like that. And it can't be cables, right? Because it's only FTP that does this. uhh.gif

#5 Birkborkasson

Birkborkasson

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:21 PM

I had a similar problem...

Everything had worked just fine for me for like 6 months or so and then all of a sudden my comp. lost connection to my xbox. Only to me my xbox crashed, not the comp.

This was never when transfering large files like a film or something, only when I tried to transfer whole directories of mp3 files or something similar. The wired part is I asked on this board and no one had any Idea as for what it could be that caused my crashes exept that I might have too much stuff on my hdd. But that was not the fact.

And now after having a comp. hdd crash everything works fine again. Dont ask me how, but I just switched my old hdd (the one that crashed in the comp.) and replaced it with a new and now everything is allright. biggrin.gif Im happy so...

I dont know why I wrote this cause it dont seem to help you, but if you are using a old hdd in your pc, maybe its that...

Peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users