• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dingsdale

dingsdale

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:12 PM

Hi there my xbox should arrive soon. I want to be able to use xbox live, but also to use xbmc to play games from the hd etc. Obviously these cant be done at the same time. If i load a live enabled game with the mod disabled will it update the ms dash without a problem, letting me play these games from the disc with mod disabled, and still be able to use xbmc etc? or is it more complicated than that? I wont be using the original hard drive, and im going to set up my new one with slayers autoinstaller.

#2 tyronemcbg

tyronemcbg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

First you need to intall a modchip. Make sure you attach a switch so you can turn it on and off. Then when you install Evox, make sure you have your original xbox dash as well as your Evox dash on you hard drive. Lock your HD. Lastly, use 4980 or later bios. That way you can't accidently connect onto xbox live while your modchip is on. Other wise you will be banned.

Ok, now your ready to go onto xbox live. Just turn off your modchip and power it up. You can only use original games when using xbox live.

Hope this answers your questions. Have fun.

#3 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:50 PM

Well You don't realy need a mod chip you can do a software exploit. But the modchip is a better solution in my opinion if you are going to frequently use xbox live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users