14 replies to this topic

#1 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:53 PM

Hi guys,

I've been going through the posts about the matrix and 1.6 boards.

I have rebuilt the LPC port according to the link in the other thread, but after that im a bit confused.

First off, after cutting the trace, should I ground the hole closest to the xcalibur chip? I saw another picture with that point grounded on the flip side of the board.

Second, should I take off the pogo pin that connects the matrix to LPC pin 7 (and attach that to the hole across from the trace I cut earlier?

Currently I have the hole closest to the excalibur grounded, and the hole on the other side of the cut attached to the matrix chip where I took out the pin that usually connects to pin 7.

If anyone can clairify I will be making a step-by-step tutorial for all.

#2 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

no do not ground the matrix pin7 that will disable the matrix chip. You need to disable the tsop via the pin7 ground. This will make the 1.6 boot off the lpc. If you connect pin 7 to the matrix the matrix still will not boot becuase it will try to boot off the ms bios and the ms bios will not boot so it will frag. Remove the pin 7 from the matrix as well or take a black marker and cover the lpc port pin 7.

#3 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:30 AM

ok,

So I have to remove pogo pin #7 and have it touching nothing right? then wire the tsop to pin7

ill try it out

#4 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:55 AM

I've been reading some other posts telling me to ground LFRAME.

Is that pin #7?

#5 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:52 AM

correct lfram is what pin 7 is.

#6 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:06 AM

Exzir,

Still having some problems. So far I have rebuilt the LPC, and removed the D0 pin and pin 7 from the matrix. I have also cut the trace as shown in this picture below and soldered the wire to pin #7 (this means pin#7 is not in any way attached to the matrix)

http://img67.photobu...nt=DSC01711.jpg

I cant figure out whats wrong, but I came across this picture today, And there is a wire in the bottom-left hand side of it that i dont have. Do I need to attach it?

http://img67.photobu...nt=DSC01700.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by muffenz, 29 September 2004 - 01:07 AM.

#7 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:50 AM

no do not ground the matrix pin7 that will disable the matrix chip. You need to disable the tsop via the pin7 ground. This will make the 1.6 boot off the lpc. If you connect pin 7 to the matrix the matrix still will not boot becuase it will try to boot off the ms bios and the ms bios will not boot so it will frag. Remove the pin 7 from the matrix as well or take a black marker and cover the lpc port pin 7.

muffenz
Currently I have the hole closest to the excalibur grounded, and the hole on the other side of the cut attached to the matrix chip where I took out the pin that usually connects to pin 7.

Answer.

To clearify you need to ground lfram on the motherboard. Grounding lfram will make the matrix bootable. do not ground pin7 of the matrix chip though.

In the picture where it says to pin 7 instead goto ground.

#8 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:21 AM

Ok, So I should have no wires touching the LPC pin 7 port? and leave in the pogo pin on the matrix that attaches to pin 7? I was under the assumtion i should remove it.

#9 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:52 AM

You need to ether remove it oruse a black marker on it.

You should not ground the matrix pin 7. So when you ground lfram pin 7 should be a ground. So ether remove the pogo pin 7 or use a black magic marker and cover it up with writing.

Edited by Exzir, 29 September 2004 - 09:53 AM.

#10 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:39 PM

Still cant get it going
The xbox tries to boot up then turns on/off 3 times (frag?)
the modchip flashes red/green or just green.

Someone told me if the bios on the modchip wasn't m8 1.6 then it can kill the motherboard. I have a feeling I might have tried a chip without the right BIOS. Do you think I killed the mobo? Should I try and remove the mod and see if it still works?

#11 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:21 PM

No I am sure it is just a setup problem. I can not see how a bios can mess up a moboard. The m8 1.6 bios will be needed but to intall the mode chip please double check or let me know how you did the pin 7 on the matrix chip

And what did you ground and how did you rebuild the lpc.

I am sure it is going to be on of those also I don't know if I told you to remove the d0 also becuase there is not a d0 on the 1.6.

#12 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:25 AM

"So when you ground lfram pin 7 should be a ground. "

what does that mean?

Where is LFRAM on the motherboard. What should I connect to either side of the cut trace?

Whats the difference between "pin 7 ground" and any other ground?

#13 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:54 AM

In the pic where it says to pin 7 instead goto ground. The connection depected here is LFRAM

http://img67.photobu...nt=DSC01700.jpg

Now do not connected pin 7 to the matrix for it should be a ground now.

#14 muffenz

muffenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:18 AM

I grounded LFRAM on the bottom, and grounded the lead that was supposed to go to pin 7, and attached the modchip.

It flashed red and green (with switch 1 on and 2 off). and frags

ideas?

should i take a picture of the setup?

#15 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:50 AM

Dude do I have to hit you with a clue bat. One thing should be grounded and one thing only. Do not run a ground to the pin 7 on the motherboard.

Did you remove the pin 7 on the matrix or is the matrix being grounded on pin 7 if it is then you are disableing the matrix, and this is why your xbox is fraging. You need to only run that one wire to ground and remove the pin 7 on the matrix or at least make sure that pin 7 on the matrix is not grounded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users