4 replies to this topic

#1 lilhamma

lilhamma

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:04 PM

i read the tutorial herethat tells me how to make xbox live safe as far as preventing it from copying files over evox dashboard.

It says to rename evox and m$ dashboard .xbe files which i heard you have to do, but it also says that you have to make a boot disc and use it whenever u want to boot the evox dash. Is this really necessary? does anyone else go on xbox live without any problems and without a boot disc?

i would really appreciate any help because i want to start playing retail games on live but im too worried that its gonna screw up my evox!

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

Load up the original m$ dashboard with your retail game for playing on live. If your chip can be turned off, do so. Dont ever use hacked bios for live and you wont have a problem.

#3 lilhamma

lilhamma

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:27 PM

well thanx for the response but that's not really what i was asking

my chip does have a switch and i can boot the original m$ bios fine.......what i'm asking is when i boot up a retail game to connect to live, its gonna want to update the dashboard to 2.0 right? I heard that the update can copy over your evox files on the c drive. So what i'm asking is there a way to prevent this from happening?
thanks!

#4 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

I see what you saying now. Not sure. I updated live before I even put my modchip in. Maby just erase evox, update live, then just put it back on.

#5 lilhamma

lilhamma

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

well im gonna back up my evox files before i attempt to connect............but i do remember reading something about changing the names of the m$dash and evox .xbe files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users