• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thefooz

thefooz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:39 PM

I know this isn't really a n00b question, but this is the most active section of the board.

My problem is, I've accidentally created an f partition on a 40 gig hard drive and it is taking up all of my left over space (i.e. ~35gigs).

I want to remove that partition and format E so that it takes over the rest of the space.

My question is, is it possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:46 PM

it's possible but highly discouraged. you need to use XBpartitioner and a bios that supports reading the partion table from the HD instead of the kernel.

doing this will prevent you from ever booting the MS bios without re-formatting the drive to the original partition table.

#3 thefooz

thefooz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:53 PM

Thank you for the quick response.

So, are you saying that the f partition is now stored in the kernel's partition table?

That would seem rather strange as to my understanding, there was no f partition until this morning when I told xeniumos to format f.

Also, if I cannot delete the f partition, is there any program that would let me reallocate the space from f to e?

[edit] I don't know if this makes a difference (it most likely doesn't) but this is an upgraded drive.

Edited by thefooz, 28 September 2004 - 07:55 PM.

#4 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

So, are you saying that the f partition is now stored in the kernel's partition table?

yes, on hacked bioses (ie: X2, evox), the partition table in the kernel/bios supports partitions 6 and 7 (F: and G:) but C: and E: remain like they were. this is why the retail bios can still read C: and E: when the chip is disabled. if you change the size of E:, the retail bios will no longer be able to read it correctly since it's not where it's supposed to be.

That would seem rather strange as to my understanding, there was no f partition until this morning when I told xeniumos to format f

it was still there but since it wasn't formatted yet, you couldn't put stuff on it.

Also, if I cannot delete the f partition, is there any program that would let me reallocate the space from f to e?

like i said above, XBpartitioner can do this.

i highly recommend against changing the size of E: and putting F: instead but if you still want to do it, go ahead.

#5 thefooz

thefooz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:44 PM

Thanks atomiX,

Just wanted to let you know that I installed a .67 xcecuter bios, reformatted F and copied all of my emulators, games, etc. over leaving UDATA, TDATA, CACHE on E.

Everything is in tip-top shape now, and my other problem was that I had disabled the f drive in avalaunch, but I renabled it and all is well.

Thank you again for all of your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users