• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 general_lee_jr

general_lee_jr

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Computers, aircooled VW's, telephony, networks.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:12 PM

I just got NewHDEvox1.4.rar and used expander to decompress it. It did not decompress everything so I will try one of the other programs. I also bought a 160G HD. I have read so much that I am starting to get confused. Now that I have Evox and the HD what else do I need? I do not have a mod chip and would prefer not to use one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:54 PM

If you dont want a modchip then you will have to look into some softmods.

#3 LukeMan UK

LukeMan UK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:56 PM

If you are new to this i would suggest a mod chip Xecuter 2's are going cheap now.

#4 general_lee_jr

general_lee_jr

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:22 AM

OK. I have done some more reading and I think the mod chip is the way to go. I want one that you dont have to solder. I just took the box apart and and found out I have version 1.1. From things that I have read that seems to pretty good and a lot more things are compatible. Will I be able to save games on my HD? I also wanted to know if the mod chip will let you flash the bios and allow easy access to the drive contents? My cousin paid some dude $300 to do it and I am just a cheap SOB! His has a menu that you can explore the drives and basically pop in a cd and copy it to where you want. He also has a emulator menu to play ps1,ps2,GBA games. Thanks for the info in advance.

#5 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:59 AM

Yes a modchip will allow you to do those things. Also if you would like a solderless chip then I suggest either an Xecuter 2.x with Xapter OR Xenium Ice Solderless.

Then you can install the chip, flash the bios, install a dash and apps and do whatever you want. Although the original hdd in the box usually only has about 4GB space left on it so only room for about 2 games. You might wanna think about getting a bigger hdd.

#6 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:43 AM

If you don't want to go with a chip, a TSOP flash is SUPER easy to do with a version 1.1 xbox. You only have to solder 2 spots, and you can flash it using Evox. it's SUPER!

And if your cuz really has a PS2 emulator... well... then he's just plain cooler than ANY of us.

#7 general_lee_jr

general_lee_jr

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

Correction on my previous post........He is not able to play PS2 games. It is a utility to make backups.

#8 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:21 PM

I guess he's NOT cooler than the rest of us then. That's too bad though, 'cause a PS2 emulator on the Xbox would be cool (although...NEVER gonna happen.)

EDIT: I guess I shouldn't say NEVER. Maybe on a Friendtech DreamX it could be feasible. I guess that would make it worth buying one of those.

Edited by The Juggler, 29 September 2004 - 12:24 PM.

#9 pHrEaQuAzOiD

pHrEaQuAzOiD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:yo mamma

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

No kidding beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users