• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 atlanta800

atlanta800

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Modding. period. anything and everything, even the dog. it...HAS...to...be...DONE!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:54 AM

Well here is the deal, I bought a chameleon modchip off of Luis-X (I haven't talked to him about it yet but i might soon) and there seems to be a problem. When it boots up it starts the M8 bios (he said that is what he preflashed it with) but it only gets a few seconds into before it just stops, Video sound everything, and just hangs. I figure well maybe a bad flash or something.

So here is my main question. Reading the hotswap tutorial it said you needed a modchip that is exactly the same as the one you have. Is this true? Do i have to have another Chameleon to hotswap? I installed a 2.3bLite into one of my friends xbox's could i hotswap with that one and use evox to flash?
Kind of a sidequestion I have a 2.3b Pro that won't boot and i can't flash with LPT port (don't ask) could hotwap with the 2.3bLite with this one?

Also about flashing the TSOP with the chameleon. After i get this baby working i plan to resurrect some dead TSOPed motherboards. Problem is, they have winbond TSOP which cannot be flashed with Evox correct? Is it possible to flash a Winbond with a Chameleon? Also where can i find a good guide for flashing tsop with chameleon.

Thanks for your help!
Atlanta800

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:53 AM

i wouldnt recommend hotswapping a x2 lite with a chameleon unless you have a pinheader installed (in which case its hella easy, just boot, swap chips and flash, simple as that)

also the TSOP flash thingy really only works if you have a 1.0 or 1.1 with a partial flash, ive never heard of any success with higher versions (like yours with a winbond) or completely hosed TSOPs

#3 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:04 AM

Couldn't you boot the bad TSOP'd mobo with a chip and boot into raincoat. Then remove the chip and TSOP flash via telnet from raincoat? Raincoat is what I use to flash Winbond chips.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (The Juggler @ Sep 29 2004, 12:07 AM)
Couldn't you boot the bad TSOP'd mobo with a chip and boot into raincoat. Then remove the chip and TSOP flash via telnet from raincoat? Raincoat is what I use to flash Winbond chips.

no, after booting from the LPC its only possible to see, read from and write to the LPC, you cant flash the TSOP

#5 atlanta800

atlanta800

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Modding. period. anything and everything, even the dog. it...HAS...to...be...DONE!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Sep 28 2004, 09:56 PM)
i wouldnt recommend hotswapping a x2 lite with a chameleon unless you have a pinheader installed (in which case its hella easy, just boot, swap chips and flash, simple as that)

Ya it's installed with a pinheader. I just thought that there was a reason (hardware incombatibility) other than install method.

Also I know about the not being able to access the TSOP if booted from LPC and vice versa. Sounds like i might have a problem. Maybe i will try the socketed TSOP mod. That would be pretty cool!
Thanks for the help.
Atlanta800

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users