#1 corpsejockey

corpsejockey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:34 AM

I have done this a few of times, and I have never had a problem like this before. I installed a x2.3 lite+ (solderless & easy) in a 1.1. I lined it up & got all three leds, booted evo-x M8 bios (I know this because it said evo-x in the top left corner during the flubber), but I got error code 6 (can not unlock hdd) when I booted. I turned the mod off and unistalled it, but still got error code 6. I figured by some freak chance the hdd crapped out, so I installed an unlocked hdd that already has evo-x dash installed and works fine in another xbox. I turned the chip on, the bios booted normal again, but I got error code 16 (problem with dash files?) This hdd is fully functional in my other box (evo-x & m$ dash work). Then, I used a slayers disk to try to install a fresh hdd, but still got error code 16. I have tested the hdd and dvd drive in my other xbox to make sure they work with the slayers disk. This probably has nothing to do with my problem, but this 1.1 was sealed and had a samsung drive and an s-controller. All the 1.0/1.1 I have seen have had thomson drives and duke controllers (very happy about the sammy btw).
Can anyone help, please?

#2 corpsejockey

corpsejockey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

RP6E1, located below the mcpx, looks like it has a blown trace going to the IDE. I am going to repair it and hopefully fix this SOB.

BTW - It may be more difficult considering I have gone cross-eyed looking over the mobo for hours.

#3 corpsejockey

corpsejockey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:34 PM

Fixed

#4 Oscar_the_Grouch

Oscar_the_Grouch

X-S Member