#1 tielkiddo

tielkiddo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:08 PM

I am planning on buying a Xenium ice modchip, and on the description it says that it has the Xenium operating system (OS2) already installed. Does this mean that it is already flashed? or do I have to flash it.

I also have a question about the harddrive.
When is the best time to add a larger hard drive? before or after installing evox.

thanx in advance

#2 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Basketball, Electronics, and Cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:48 PM

The OS2 is already flashed, but you still have to flash it with a bios. I'd recommend downloading slayers install disk 2.6 and use that to install a larger HDD, flash the bios, and install avalaunch.

#3 Beebs

Beebs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:59 PM

You can install the new harddrive any time you want to, but you might as well do it when you install the mod chip since your xbox will already be taken apart. The Xenium has a harddrive upgrade wizard built in, which allows you to run the stock Hd and your new Hd in place of the DVD-rom, and it copys all of the information from the stock to the new Hd after it formats it. So, you can see it doesn't matter when you install your new dash.

I reconmmend that you install your new Xenium, and at the same time the new HD, so you don't have to modify your old HD. After this is done, you in throw in the Slayers Install Cd and it will do the rest for you. It has become quite user friendly for the newbie. If you want later after you're comfortable with everything, then you can really begin customizing your Xbox - that's when the fun really starts!

Also, I highly reconmmend that you use the pin header install. I've installed two Xenium's using the solderless adapter and they both worked, but if you smack your xbox or move it in a way the adapter doesn't like, then the mod chip will cease to work and you'll have to take everything apart again to reseat it.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users