Shadowblade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Basketball, Electronics, and Cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:38 AM

My dad doesn't belive the ease of installation with a solderless modchip and thinks that I am going to break my xbox with a modchip. I have already built a computer from scratch and know everything that is involved with flashing bios, upgrading HDD, etc. and he still thinks I'm going to break my xbox.mad.gif I'm going to show this thread to my dad, maybe he might belive you guys, is it in any way realistically possible to screw up your xbox with a solderless modchip? Is the installation really that easy? Thanks for your time.

#2 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:42 AM

The installs really are that easy. I have 2 box's :

v1.0 with Xecuter 2.3B Lite & Xapter
v1.4 with Xecuter 2.3b Lite +

Both of these I did myself as solderless installs. Just dont overscrew it or remove too much from the d0 hole and you'll be fine.

#3 enve19

enve19

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:46 AM

Im in the same position as yourself, i have built many a pc as i work with computers (but im absoloutely useless with a soldering iron!)

So i opted for the xenium ice solderless chip.

It was one of the easiest things ive done. from taking it out of the packet to installing it and turning it on, it took me at most ten minutes( including taking the box apart and putting it back together)

From what i know and have been told there is no problems with any modchips

I hope this clears it up for you

#4 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:47 AM

Probably not break it but PROBABLY run into lots of trouble

#5 Joshis1

Joshis1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:50 AM

i have a solderless chip and its simple to install just read alot about what you have to do install wise and after wise

#6 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (stacker69 @ Sep 30 2004, 12:50 AM)
Probably not break it but PROBABLY run into lots of trouble

I have never had any trouble with my Lite + chip. I dunno why some ppl hate them so much and complain they come loose too easily.

My box travels to france with me everytime I go on holiday there. It goes in the car on the boat ova to france for 1hr and then 1hr coming bak. It goes in the car along the french motorways travelling at 80pmh and has gone over 1200miles so far. And it has never once come loose or failed to load or given me any problems at all.

I know my Xapter chip is loose but that was cause I didnt screw it down enough and I'm too lazy to reopen the whole thing to do it, however I trust if it was screwed in properly then I would never have any problems with it.

Edited by Nightfire-Player, 30 September 2004 - 12:53 AM.

#7 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Nightfire-Player @ Sep 30 2004, 11:54 AM)
I have never had any trouble with my Lite + chip. I dunno why some ppl hate them so much and complain they come loose too easily.

My box travels to france with me everytime I go on holiday there. It goes in the car on the boat ova to france for 1hr and then 1hr coming bak. It goes in the car along the french motorways travelling at 80pmh and has gone over 1200miles so far. And it has never once come loose or failed to load or given me any problems at all.

I know my Xapter chip is loose but that was cause I didnt screw it down enough and I'm too lazy to reopen the whole thing to do it, however I trust if it was screwed in properly then I would never have any problems with it.

Good for you but I have read some posts in here that they have a little bit of trouble. Personally I don't have any troubles with mods I do.

Edited by stacker69, 30 September 2004 - 01:06 AM.

#8 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:05 AM

Just so you know, I was thinking of getting a Zenium Ice Solderless, which is supposed to be more secure than the xecuter 2.x's.

#9 thrasher

thrasher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:13 AM

Yep, Ice's are way more secure. I have one and I shook my box around after I installed it (solderless) and it didn't budge. I've also dropped my xbox before and the modchip didn't move at all and my box still worked fine (whew!). And yes they are that easy to install! It took me like 5 minutes literally. you'd have to be mentally challenged to screw it up.

Edited by thrasher, 30 September 2004 - 01:14 AM.

#10 flat_eric

flat_eric

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:20 AM

Xenium ice chip is awesome i have one, the fact that doing everything onit is soo easy gives you piece of mind.

flashing the bios, adding dashboards, upgrading the hard drive.

definately worth getting one

#11 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:50 AM

I have two Xeniums they are great chips and the ICE is nice package. First thing you should do it try to figure out what version you have with the version check thing here at xbox scene. If you have a 1.0 - 1.4 you can do solderless. If you have a 1.5 you will have to solder 2 additional wires, there is no way around this. If you have a 1.6 then solderless is not an option because you have to rebuild the whole LPC. Anyways, can you mess up your Xbox with a solderless chip? Yes, you can definately do some damage software-wise but nothing that can't be fixed. Can you actually damage the hardware? I would say anything is possible but you'd have to try to wreck an xbox with a solderless chip. I mean you'd have to go out of your way to do real damage. You could always softmod with UDE. I don't like softmods personally but if that's your only option... My best advice would be to just mod it when he's not home. My dad was like that back in the day, it sucks.

#12 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:57 AM

I was under the impression that 1.5 would work solderless with the Zenium...

#13 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:00 AM

It's virtually solderless. Two wires need to be added. Check out this guide. It's everything you need to get started with a XeniumICE.

#14 CSPope

CSPope

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:30 AM

The Xenium Ice is very safe and easy to install, unlike other it took me a couple hours because When it didnt work I was stupid and thought it was the d0, when it turned out I didnt align the chip correctly, I pressed my d0 in so hard I cant even pull it out w/o taking a risk, so now I have no problems with the chip moving and the d0 coming loose at all, my dad was just like yours, Dad-"No, Your going to end up screwing your Xbox!"
Of course, it worked out well, and my dad is pretty impressed by what the modchip can do, like one of his favorite movies got messed up and I luckily had a backup on my pc so now I just stream it from my pc to Xbox whenever he feels like watching it.

#15 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:33 AM

according to this thread:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...61&hl=1\.5
and this thread:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...19&hl=1\.5
the zenium for version 1.5 is completely solderless and I've also read that version 1.5 xbox's don't exist blink.gif. Also, all retailers selling xeniums say that it is solderless through version 1.5. This is getting confusing. uhh.gif

Edited by Shadowblade, 30 September 2004 - 02:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users