9 replies to this topic

#1 shepd

shepd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:43 AM

I assume FlashBIOS 3 is again another modification of the original GPL cromwell FlashBIOS.

Can someone give me a link to the sources? I want to hack the multi-chip support back into the latest FlashBIOS again. I assume Team Xecuter is again disabling things again like in v 2.6.0 so that this new BIOS is castrated to only flash their chips. Last time they even went so far as to comment out the GPL message! dry.gif

If only I could program better, I'd just fork this and be done with it. ph34r.gif

#2 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:35 AM

Yes it is Cromwell based.

"Team Xecuter is again disabling things again like in v 2.6.0 so that this new BIOS is castrated to only flash their chips"

Well what about the Xenium's XOS? or the Smartxx OS ?

I sure havent seen UR modified 2.6 anywhere.

#3 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (greengiant @ Sep 29 2004, 10:38 PM)

"Team Xecuter is again disabling things again like in v 2.6.0 so that this new BIOS is castrated to only flash their chips"

http://forums.xbox-s...opic=271404&hl=

I hope by "Well what about the Xenium's XOS? or the Smartxx OS ?" you don't mean, "they didnt release source, why should xecuter".

#4 shepd

shepd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (greengiant @ Sep 30 2004, 02:38 AM)

Sorry for the late reply.

As far as XOS / Smartxx OS goes, from what I could tell, they seem to be homebrew software by each respective company not based on cromwell. I could be wrong. I don't own either chip, I'm just going by my experiences from installing one or two.

If they are GPLed, it'd certainly be nice to have sources for them, also. However, since they are so heavily modified already, I doubt it would be easy to hack in support for other chips. Not to mention they're more than 256k (AFAIK) so they won't fit on a cheapmod. biggrin.gif

The link to my modified 2.6.0 should be in heinrich's kind post. smile.gif Feel free to improve it as you see fit!

#5 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:18 PM

www.teamxecuter.com/downloads/flashbios_x2_v260.rar

as released weeks ago - only difference between this and 3.0 is that we added our own webserver module

do with it what you like smile.gif

#6 benderd

benderd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (X-ecuter @ Oct 4 2004, 04:21 PM)

as released weeks ago - only difference between this and 3.0 is that we added our own webserver module

I'm curious. How does the x2_v260 differ from the X2.4983? Is there a difference?

#7 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (benderd @ Oct 4 2004, 03:54 PM)
I'm curious. How does the x2_v260 differ from the X2.4983? Is there a difference?

Did you read the rest of the thread? "x2_v260" is the cromwell-based flashbios.

#8 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:43 AM

Yes you are wrong.

XOS1 was based on cromwell (and recently speculation of a diff commercial os) XOS2 is supposedly completely written by them (but once again, recently speculation of a diff commercial os being used has been heard)

SmartXX is Cromwell.

#9 shepd

shepd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (X-ecuter @ Oct 4 2004, 04:21 PM)

Hey, thanks guys!

Don't take my words too seriously! jester.gif

I think my next move is to change the colour of the menu, if it's possible. Light green on less-light green is tough to tell which menu item is selected. smile.gif

I always flash all the chips I sell with this BIOS. It's a lifesaver, and, more importantly, it keeps me from seeing red and blue flashing lights outside. rotfl.gif

#10 shepd

shepd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (greengiant @ Oct 5 2004, 03:46 AM)
Yes you are wrong.

XOS1 was based on cromwell (and recently speculation of a diff commercial os) XOS2 is supposedly completely written by them (but once again, recently speculation of a diff commercial os being used has been heard)

SmartXX is Cromwell.

Well, in that case, I'd be happy to see sources for any of these released! Nothing like putting all these great features together from all the chips to end up with a polished product that works with anything, anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users