1 reply to this topic

#1 jlgmax

jlgmax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

Ive had my XBOX chipped for a couple of years now. I started off reflashing every time a newer bios came along / trying out colour mods etc but Ive had the same bios (Xecuter 4977) installed on my chip for ages now. Ive not kept an eye on the latest bios releases as my XBOX does what I want it to....but recently Ive had a look and seen the new M8 and Xecuter bioses.

Question is - am I losing out on anything by not having the latest bios on my chip - or should I just leave well alone ?!

#2 QuimbyDogg

QuimbyDogg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:39 PM

81 and 83 include a feature that will automatically block xbox live. I dont believe your version does but I do not know for certain.

I find the ability to block xbox live a NECESSITY now that there are games being released that will try to connect without ever asking (starwars battlefront).

If you want to play with color mods on boot use the 81 as the 83 is not supported in xbtools. I would really recommend an upgrade to 81 or 83 tho... its nice to have that protection and u never know when someone might hit an xbox live button or if a game will randomly decide to use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users