7 replies to this topic

#1 edkoch

edkoch

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:22 AM

I have been copying games to my hard drive from the X-Box and then creating ISO images with xISO.exe. The image is created sucessfully, the game boots but then when I try to load something off of it I get an error message stating that the disk may be dirty.

I have tried 2 Blank DVD-R's and a Blank DVD+RW with no success. I have also tried images of more then one game. (Games work fine when I copy them back to my HD????)

ISO's that I download and burn from the newsgroups work great! Has to be something I am doing? blink.gif

I am using a Sony DVD RW DRU-500A

Any ideas what might be causing the problem.

Thanks for your help,

-Ed

#2 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:22 AM

Try using GDFimage. And upgrade you firmware.

#3 AceX

AceX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 04:08 AM

i always burn games to a dvd-rw first. then mess around with all the menus, etc....then if no locks up or anything...write same image to dvd-r. otherwise...erase dvd-rw and try to redo image...don't waste dvd-rs that way smile.gif

#4 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2003 - 04:21 AM

I've had great success as well with DVD-RWs. I highly recommend using them while you test out new ways of burning your games.

Unlike CD-RWs which when they first came out had a high rate of failure in all drives but the ones that burned them, I've found DVD-RWs are very reliable on the XBOX.

I will admit when I buy DVD-RWs I usually buy just a couple and spend extra to get higher quality ones and then try and buy cheap DVD-Rs, which may account for my success, but anyway, yes, use DVD-RWs until you get the combination right.

Edited by Mr Ed, 31 January 2003 - 04:22 AM.

#5 deadspider

deadspider

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 03:40 AM

dont use XISO as it tell you have a good image and it burnes just fine but wont play .
i use to get that alot but not after i started using isomaker.........
so look around for ISOMAKER 1.21 OR 2.0.

#6 Schmo

Schmo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2003 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (deadspider @ Feb 2 2003, 03:40 AM)
dont use XISO as it tell you have a good image and it burnes just fine but wont play .
i use to get that alot but not after i started using isomaker.........
so look around for ISOMAKER 1.21 OR 2.0.

Ditto that. In addition, I also have had great success with Optodisc DVD-RWs.

#7 machinehead746

machinehead746

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 09:50 PM

have you guys heard of a problem where isomasker 1.1 starts up....looks like its creating, but then at the end the window disapears and the iso file disapears also?

#8 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 February 2003 - 09:54 PM

I don't think I ever used ISOmaker in any of it's sub-1.2 incarnations, but that may not be the problem. It's normal for the command-window to disappear. However, this will happen both when the image is created successfully and when the process fails. Are you running Win9X? If not, what OS and what file system? If you're creating a game over ~4GB on a FAT32 partition, the process will crap out immediately when it hits that ceiling, and the ISO file won't remain. On a FAT16 partition, this happens at the 2GB barrier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users