splattered

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:04 AM

I had all sorts of problems i had to work through. All common sense but i still am left with some problems. Ill list em out, hope you guys can help with as many as possible.

He has an xbox 1.6 with a brand new SmartXX Chip. Used the Slayer 2.6 Final Install ISO with the 1.6 M8 67 Bios, with a 160MB Maxtor HDD.

1) When a game is in the dvd rom, or its just on at the evox dashboard, or anything thats functional.. The main LED on the outside stays RED. Is this normal? Mine is green.

2) Every time he starts up his xbox, The smartXX loadup screen comes up and he has to select the XM8 bios and it restarts and boots the game. Is this necessary? What is its total purpose and is there a way to disable that boot up screen and just load the M8 bios by default?

3) I went to copy the contents of his stock C and E partitions over the partiions that Slayer created.. and i noticed a few things. When i did my old 3 xboxes, i had to rename the default xbox dash.. but this time it was already in there and it was named correctly but it isnt the same size as the one from his C backup.

4) Ive discovered that you cannot load anything up onto his xbox through flashfxp or anything else. If i am in evox, or slayers.. I cant even ftp into the xbox at all. If i use the old Digital Chimps Boxstall cd i still have.. I can ftp into the xbox and i can explore the drive and export things OFF the xbox but not put anything on the xbox itself through ftp. And if i try to adjust the IP settings in Slayers.. they wont keep no matter what.

5) On the Evox dash main screen where it lists the drive names/space, it says EVN ERROR. What is this? Ive never seen this before. His harddrive is locked and i can play games i rip onto it using dvd2xbox...

6) His copy of fable skips during FMV cutscenes whereas mine does not. Playing off the HDD...

#2 BlooGoo

BlooGoo

X-S Expert

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:33 AM

1) When a game is in the dvd rom, or its just on at the evox dashboard, or anything thats functional.. The main LED on the outside stays RED. Is this normal? Mine is green.

sounds like the led colour was changed in the settings

2) Every time he starts up his xbox, The smartXX loadup screen comes up and he has to select the XM8 bios and it restarts and boots the game. Is this necessary? What is its total purpose and is there a way to disable that boot up screen and just load the M8 bios by default?

i've read somewhere that someone else has this too ... i'm not sure if this is normal (i don't think so but i could be wrong)

3) I went to copy the contents of his stock C and E partitions over the partiions that Slayer created.. and i noticed a few things. When i did my old 3 xboxes, i had to rename the default xbox dash.. but this time it was already in there and it was named correctly but it isnt the same size as the one from his C backup.

the slayer's files are updated with the most recent, whereas those from 1 year ago are old and needed the update. i wouldn't worry. the filesize is reflected in the updated ms dashboard.

4) Ive discovered that you cannot load anything up onto his xbox through flashfxp or anything else. If i am in evox, or slayers.. I cant even ftp into the xbox at all. If i use the old Digital Chimps Boxstall cd i still have.. I can ftp into the xbox and i can explore the drive and export things OFF the xbox but not put anything on the xbox itself through ftp. And if i try to adjust the IP settings in Slayers.. they wont keep no matter what.

the only thing that i can think of is to check your network settings ...

5) On the Evox dash main screen where it lists the drive names/space, it says EVN ERROR. What is this? Ive never seen this before. His harddrive is locked and i can play games i rip onto it using dvd2xbox...

no clue ...

6) His copy of fable skips during FMV cutscenes whereas mine does not. Playing off the HDD...

again, no clue ...

hope that helps just a little ... that's my two cents

#3 splattered

splattered

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

Awesome.. i guess the only real errors i DO need help with are the not being able to transfer things ONTO his xbox, not being able to even log in to navigate the partitions at all except when i have the digital chimp cd in, and the EVN error.

I have the networking set up correctly in both his pc and xbox. Maybe it has something to do with passive mode or something?

And i have no clue what the EVN error is cause everything seems to be working fine...

Any ideas people? Im going over there tomorrow to help finish

#4 Danny3363

Danny3363

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:47 PM

the most probable cause of you not being able toftp information to his box is the enablement and disablement of pasv in the ftp program settings on your pc hope this helps

#5 WilliamChgo

WilliamChgo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:47 PM

Since it's a SmartXX, have you tried loading Ed@chip onto the Xbox? That should let you run an FTP server (Ed) on the Xbox by selecting it as a bios from the SmartXX OS menu. You flash Ed@chip using the connected PC's browser.

Ed@chip is available for download from smartxx.com

#6 splattered

splattered

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:28 PM

ED? no... hahaha

Ok thanks, ill check it out when i make it over to his house later today.

So let me get this straight, i have to go through the smartXX bios screen every time i turn on his xbox? grrr

And the only way to ftp stuff onto his xbox is by using "ED" through the smartXX screen? WTF? hah lame. So then the Xecuter chip that i have has a built in ftp client on it somehow? Cause hes using the evox dashboard just like i am and other than the actual modchip itself thats the only difference i can think of outside of enabling or disabling passive mode..

But why is it possible to FTP into his xbox using the digital chimp cd then? As far as not being able to transfer onto it.. im sure the passive mode stuff on flashfxp prob has something to do with it, ill check that out.

Im sure the ftp prob will be easily fixed, but im still curious about the EVN Error

#7 WilliamChgo

WilliamChgo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:17 PM

Pardon my bad. I thought you weren't able to get the ftp server running on his Xbox, so Ed@chip came to mind. Of course, if a dash is running, there's usually an ftp server there, too. I didn't mean to imply Ed was the only way.

By the way, you can bypass the SmartXX's bios selection screen. In settings, specify a default bios, then "timeout" in seconds, or specify a "quickboot" bios.

Good luck.

Edited by WilliamChgo, 04 October 2004 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users