4 replies to this topic

#1 wsutard1

wsutard1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 05:26 AM

I just bought a new 120gig WD special edition HD. WHen I run atapwd.exe to find out if it is "ok" or not it gives me a - under the "s". The tutorial says that this means that the hard drive is not ata66 compatible and too old to use. TOO OLD!!! It is brand spanking new. Everything else works on it. Evox is running great. I just cant get it locked. Ohh ya, everytime I put in the code it gives me a "device not ready" error. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I think that Im going to use slayer to lock the drive but i cant find it. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be cool.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2003 - 11:37 AM

Old news.

Try a search next time. Some drives can't be locked.

#3 L33

L33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2003 - 11:46 AM

this doesnt really have much to do with homebrew software either, dunno why you posted in this forum?! the locking capabilities are limited by the drive, not the software.

L

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (L33 @ Jan 31 2003, 07:46 AM)
this doesnt really have much to do with homebrew software either, dunno why you posted in this forum?! the locking capabilities are limited by the drive, not the software.

L

Good point.

Moving to hardware mods....

#5 wsutard1

wsutard1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 12:02 AM

Sorry about the post guys, I did do a search and didnt find anything so I though thta I would post. Then I did another search and found a bunch of stuff. Alsom sorry about the wrong forum, I wasnt really awake when I did the posting. I returned the drive and bought the 2mb WD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users