14 replies to this topic

#1 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

Hi can some one help my xbox was working fine but then suddenly stopped playing backups. Everytime i try to load a game, it simply reloads straight back to the dashboard.I then tryed installing the latest evo-x build and the lastest multi-version bios to fix the problem, but no luck there sad.gif. When in the info skin of evo-x, it shows that the dvd rom recognizes the media as a game, so this might rule out a problem with the dvd drive has anyone got any ideas

#2 bikermike69uk

bikermike69uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:42 PM

step1......get slayers or firefuck disk
step2.....backup EVERYTHING VIA FTP TO YOUR PC
STEP3...format hd with slayers/firefuck disk
try your backups...if they work, start putting your old stuff back in so you can filter out what it was causing the prob

but if it still dont work, i would believe your dvd is dead/last legs

it cant be bios/dash cuz you have the latest....what xbox ver u got?

#3 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:03 PM

i think its a v1.1 so it is getting old now.Ive tryed formating it and its still the same sad.gif i also forgot to mention its the same with originals but for some reason will play a backup of pgr no problem thats the only game what will work

#4 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:09 PM

Ive just recieved a new samsung drive and this hasnt solved the problem either sad.gif but whats funny is all the options like launch game'play dvd are red so i cant click on them.Do i have to change my firmware for the new drive to get it to work as i thought this would of done the job. Can someone please help as im really stuck with it sad.gif

#5 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:17 PM

One post on this topic will be sufficient. Please don't post the same topic in multiple forums. I closed the one in Newbie Chat.

As I said there, check this tutorial: Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems

#6 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:57 PM

Sorry i just want it fixed.Right ive been right through the tutorial and its still the same here my checklist
its isnt my dvd drive as its new today
my bios are flashed with m7 so games should auto patch
all igr are off and have set the clock in m$dash
my cache and gamesaves where deleted when i formatted my hdd sad.gif
as anyone got any ideas as its really getting on me nerves now been like this a couple of months so far i can guess my addresses are wrong for the option to be red does anyone know how i can fix this also my bios are showing as unknown and i cant flash no other bios it keeps coming up flash type unknown

its a v1.1 with a lpc cheapmod samsung drive 120g hdd

Edited by cleverdave2k, 05 October 2004 - 03:14 PM.

#7 bikermike69uk

bikermike69uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:07 PM

i would get a xecuter chip, i dont know much about cheapmods but cant go wrong with the xecuters- you got a new samsung but have you checked the ide ribbon for any breaks? just an idea
or try someone elses hd and/or dvd drive and maybe ribbon, dunno what else it could be

Edited by bikermike69uk, 05 October 2004 - 06:11 PM.

#8 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:52 PM

Ime going cry sad.gif it doesnt even come on now all i did was checked the ribbon. what happens is it now flashes on and off twice then the led flashes green and red but im afraid i cant get a picture to see the error code is it totally screwd now

#9 Lightsier

Lightsier

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:31 PM

My friend had that problem with an old xecuter modchip. Turned out the DVD-ROM was dirty. Get a DVD-Cleaner and clearn your drive.

If the bios is loading up and IGR is off, then it must be a DVD-ROM problem.

#10 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:47 AM

Ime afraid its a brand new samsung drive recieved this morning so that rules that out sad.gif

#11 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:09 AM

I would go with an Xecutor Bios. IMHO the Evox Bioses just aren't as good. Also what media are you using. With Slayers Auto-Installer it would easily fix it for you. You would lose everything in the re-format if you couldn't back your current HD up to PC but that is better than a non-functioning XBOX.

#12 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:20 PM

I tryd slayers and was just the same sad.gif i formatted everything aswell without backing up so im busy when it does finally work again catching up with me games
im using a samsung drive with a un'named disk but they have always worked fine before.I just remeberd though a couple of days before it broke i put a new m$dash on what had the live options on could this of screwed with it and what bios would you recoemend for a v1.1

#13 bikermike69uk

bikermike69uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:18 PM

so you got frag now?.....
i dunno anything about installing cheapmods, but if they use d0 like the others then you might of loosened a wire somewhere, have you tried anyone elses hd in yours yet?
as for best bios, id recommend the latest xecuter one....found in the usual places
that new ms dash you put on would have gone when you formatted
whats the status of your xbox now?

#14 cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:07 PM

at the moment its back on changed the ide cable so one good thing and i have formatted it again with slayers made no differance but its wierd how it plays slayers and pgr no problems the d0 is fine checked that the only thing what i can think of is the hdd but why would that stop games loading unless its not loading in the cache really have no idea and cant think of anybody i can borrow one off sad.gif

Edited by cleverdave2k, 06 October 2004 - 07:08 PM.

#15 bikermike69uk

bikermike69uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:16 PM

stick the latest xecuter bios and see what its like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users