16 replies to this topic

#1 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

Hi - so I tsop flashed a friend's xbox last January or so and installed evox on it - and he wanted some work done on it yesterday. Anyways - so he didn't have a switch or anything and I didn't have a crossover cable on me, so since he was in a dorm I connected his xbox to one of the dorm provided ethernet ports, and my computer to the other. Both were assigned IPs and I connected without any trouble to his xbox. First I tried using Craxtion to extract an ISO to his xbox - and it just stopped working after about 10 seconds. So I then restarted his xbox. While doing so I extracted the ISO to my hard drive. I then logged into his xbox with cuteftp and tried to upload the extracted ISO. It worked for a bit - then gave me some random error message - to be honest I can't remember it.

Anyways I kept on trying different things - different ftp programs and whatnot. None of them worked. I also noticed that boxplorer no longer would load. I also tried deleting a backed up game - and it stopped working in the middle of deleting! But then I went back in - and was able to delete some of the folders manually - but not others. So then I restarted again, and it let me delete the rest. This behavior was very strange and I couldn't find a pattern to it.

So I'm thinking that his installation of EvoX is probably messed up. I'm going to try booting off of a slayers disc today and see if the problem persists. Could the dorm connection have been messing something up? Anything else I should look for? Thanks!

#2 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:02 PM

bump

Doesn't anybody have any ideas?

If it matters my OS is Windows XP SP2.

#3 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:50 PM

try searching the fourms for sp2 as there have been quite a few issues with it regarding ftp.

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

But, be careful how you search. "sp2" is too short a phrase for the search engine. Try combos like "service pack 2", etc.

#5 darkplayer

darkplayer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Xombe @ Oct 2 2004, 04:04 PM)
But, be careful how you search. "sp2" is too short a phrase for the search engine. Try combos like "service pack 2", etc.

couldn't he do, sp2*

#6 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Nightfire-Player @ Oct 2 2004, 03:53 PM)
try searching the fourms for sp2 as there have been quite a few issues with it regarding ftp.

OK well every topic I found, (ie http://forums.xbox-s...owtopic=262712) was about not being able to connect to the xbox. I can connect without any problems whatsoever. I can browse files too. I just can't seem to upload or delete very many files. I still think the problem is with evox, and not sp2 - but I will try it on a non sp2 computer and report back. I also just got a slayers disc so I'll be trying that too.

#7 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

sp2* ? No, wildcards won't work. Try it, and you'll get only these two posts. wink.gif

#8 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:39 PM

so I'm still not finding anything via search. Any suggestions? And is there an easy way to reload evox without losing all my backed up and saved games?

#9 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:47 PM

You could make a Evox boot disc or find a copy of Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer. There are some good tuts on both; try a search or check the piined faqs at the Evox forum, or the tutorials section of XS.

#10 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Xombe @ Oct 3 2004, 12:50 AM)
You could make a Evox boot disc or find a copy of Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer. There are some good tuts on both; try a search or check the piined faqs at the Evox forum, or the tutorials section of XS.

But won't installing from slayers erase all my copied games?

#11 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:07 AM

Nope, if you use the "Upgrade to Evox 1.8.3921 ONLY to an already upgraded HDD" option, it won't touch a thing other than Evox.

You can see the proof in the evox.ini:

Section "5) INST/UPG XBMP, M$DASH, APPS & EVOX 3921"
{
Line "-- No Save Game Data or Games Will Be Lost! --",1
Item "5-1) Inst/Upg XBMP, Apps, EvoX - LARGE HD (F:)",@250
Item "5-2) Inst/Upg XBMP, Apps, EvoX - Retail HD (C:)",@251
Line "--------------------------",2
Item "5-3) Inst/Upg just EvoX - LARGE HD (F:)",@252

wink.gif

Edited by Xombe, 05 October 2004 - 09:22 AM.

#12 Sainticus Supreme

Sainticus Supreme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:I'm a 23 year old homosexual looking for other homosexual young men in the Hickory/Conover North Carolina area. Will drive further if i like your picture - 1-828-850-7097 - ask for me - Joel Hinson :)<br />www.usadomains.com | http://www.myspace.com/sainticus
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:16 AM

solution, use crossover cable. Been there done that in the dorm. wink.gif

#13 Sainticus Supreme

Sainticus Supreme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:I'm a 23 year old homosexual looking for other homosexual young men in the Hickory/Conover North Carolina area. Will drive further if i like your picture - 1-828-850-7097 - ask for me - Joel Hinson :)<br />www.usadomains.com | http://www.myspace.com/sainticus
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Oct 2 2004, 07:41 PM)
But won't installing from slayers erase all my copied games?

Not that it is relevant, but I thought you said this was your "friends" Xbox. cool.gif

*Edit sorry for posting after another.

Edited by Sainticus Supreme, 03 October 2004 - 05:20 AM.

#14 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Sainticus Supreme @ Oct 3 2004, 06:22 AM)
Not that it is relevant, but I thought you said this was your "friends" Xbox. cool.gif

*Edit sorry for posting after another.

LOL oops my bad. Yeah it's a friend's - though I've spent so much time working on the thing I almost feel like it's mine... I mean it was the first box I ever tsoped - so I'm kinda attached to it... tongue.gif

#15 nleahcim

nleahcim

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Sainticus Supreme @ Oct 3 2004, 06:19 AM)
solution, use crossover cable. Been there done that in the dorm. wink.gif

so did you have similar problems in the dorms? Being able to connect - but having limited functionality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users