• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#31 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:13 AM

Try what the people that are succesfully getting it to work. put your data folder in the F drive nothing else and i think most people are forgetting to rename there xbe to default.xbe and not somehting else. Just put your data foler on the root of the f drive ane rename your xbe to deafualt and your all set, i dont even think you have to put your data folder in the F drive to make it work but its worth a try. Then agian it might just be a bios problem. Listen to what Jbone Is saying, hes the one who is making it or helping.

#32 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:33 AM

heres a pic of the dash on my dash folder on F:
user posted image

n my setting on xbx : Dashboard Data Path=F:\Dashes\XDN\Xbox Dash Next

runs fine

#33 haxjester

haxjester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:46 AM

great so far! smile.gif the ftp seems to work just fine when connecting from pc to xbox. i have just tried usin xboxftp to transfer files from the box runnin XDN...it created all the directories with np, but when it came time to transfer files from the XDN box to xboxftp box it stopped. there was no disconnect error, but the xbox runnin xboxftp froze. the box runnin XDN didnt flintch, or freeze. i dont know if its a one time thing, or a problem with xboxftp, but i will test this further. anyone care to try this out?
haxjester

#34 dreary79

dreary79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:48 AM

I've tried with X2 4981 and 4983. Double and triple checked to make sure that everything was in the right directory. Tried in every drive. Tried with XBMC, AVA, EVOX, Uleash, as Dash. Still the black screen or it hangs up in loading depending on the dash. My Xbox is a 1.0. Is there something else I should be listing? It doesn't look like it is the bios fault, might be for some poeple, but not everyone. Any Ideas?

#35 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:47 AM

did anybody tried the xiso xfer on this.. JBOnE said it worked.. i tryed it but got connection time out sad.gif.. good thing i got ava n qwix smile.gif beerchug.gif

#36 The Axledental DJ

The Axledental DJ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:10 AM

No go for me. Not working.. I did Progpatcher.exe the xbe so I can run it in 480P.
And I'm sure I got the placement of the folder correct on the f:\ parition with the default.xbe in the same spot. It hangs with blank screen.
My Specs are: XBOX v1.0, Executor Pro 2.0,Bios 4981 (custom, no Flubber animation or sound).

#37 Xtr3m3 Bug

Xtr3m3 Bug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:22 AM

When you press X and Y together the Network info will get stuck behind the music player and won't remove until you reboot.

Edited by Xtr3m3 Bug, 03 October 2004 - 07:27 AM.

#38 Booker T

Booker T

X-S Genius

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:34 AM

sorry

Edited by Booker T, 03 October 2004 - 07:54 AM.

#39 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:50 AM

Booker T, read the thread before posting. Jbone just said on the second page, as well as in the readme that those arent usable in this BETA release. Also, he said it, but I dont think its gotten across to most of the users that this is SCRIPTABLE so that means that you can edit you dashboard yourselves. This is a good thing! You can customize and modify this to suit your needs and post your code for others to use as well. The last tHc dash was a collaborative effort and this one will be too. Basically Jbone did the hard work of organizing all of this and getting the basics in and adding FTP. The least we can do is the easy work (script) and benefit each other. This was released early so that we could find the bugs and report them. This is going to be one hell of a dashboard when its done. beerchug.gif

#40 AndyXBX

AndyXBX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:46 AM

Jb0ne said it's either a config problem or a BIOS problem if you can't get it to run:

I tried all the possible drives and config steps, but I just don't seem to get it to run on an Evox M8 BIOS.

Could some people who got it to run post what BIOS they are using?

If someone could confirm if they got it to run on M8 I know the problem is here between the chair and the keyboard.

Thanks!

#41 EBear

EBear

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:10 PM

X2 4981. Black Screen sad.gif

#42 xMizzlex

xMizzlex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:53 PM

Hmm.. I heard that if you try to load the .xbe and it loads back to your original dash you must just have an old bios. This is what is happening to me. I have a 1.6 xbox.. The only bios out for 1.6 is M8_16. So, I guess this means all xbox 1.6 users are shit out of luck on this beta bug release... right?

#43 anonyone

anonyone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:24 PM

JBone & all,

Although I have previously tried all imaginable configurations, I have followed JB's comments and retried it with no luck. Simply a black screen-freeze.

My Specs. - v1.1 X2 4979

AnonyOne.

#44 loggio

loggio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:48 PM

i personaly don't see how it could be bios related, what has been done to the dash that some bios's can't read ?.... I don't understand, any bios should work with this, the only thing stopping it from working that i can think of that would be bios related, would be the media fix.... and most bios's have that, the only other special things that new bios's have are things like , colour changing , igr , in built ftp and so on... none of that would effect the execution of an Xbe... Well, please correct me if i am wrong, because then again i know nothing about the bios's and how they work lol.

loggio.

#45 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:53 PM

Ive tried 4977, 4981, 4979, 4976.02, 4983.....all work. Ive also tried it on a 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 xbox and all is ok. Its got to be a user issue or something else. Im betting on user error.....I will admit that it took me about 20mins to get it right because I kept goofin my path and didnt finish the extension. I kept doing F:\dashboards\XDN instead of F\dashboards\XDN\Xbox Dash Next, and refused for about 20mins to admit I was wrong until someone in the channel reminded me of that. Although we waited 6hrs from 11pm to 6am to get it so I'll chalk it up to being tired. Ok, now im just making excuses tongue.gif

*Ok im wrong. I dont know why it works for me but ive read too many comments from people that know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than I do and if they cant get it to boot then something is wrong. What I dont understand is how two people can have the exact same setup and still have a problem. There may be a bad file out there? uhh.gif

Edited by Heet, 03 October 2004 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users