4 replies to this topic

#1 SeanCorky

SeanCorky

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

I have installed the UDE and i have put an app & a patched game on my hard drive

I start my xbox with the cd drive open so it doesnt load the cd in the drive an then when mxm starts i go to the boxplorer thing an find the default.xbe but the game or app dont load an i get error 21

any help ?

#2 ftothe3

ftothe3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:33 PM

how did you install ude? are you using PBL?

#3 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

The answer to your issue is right there in your post. If you boot with the drive open, the dualboot.xbe boots directly to the gamesave xbe (MXM). It does not load nkpatcher or a bios loader, so anything you run from the MXM menu would need to be signed (boxplorer is signed which is why you don't get an error when using it). Your best bet would be to boot without a disk in the drive. Then launch games/apps from your dash.

An alternative would be to modify your dash to not load the default.xbe from the dvd drive. This will stop backups from loading when you power up with them in the drive. It also allows for IGR to reset to the dashboard, rather than to the disk in the drive.

#4 SeanCorky

SeanCorky

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (remedee @ Oct 3 2004, 08:42 AM)
The answer to your issue is right there in your post. If you boot with the drive open, the dualboot.xbe boots directly to the gamesave xbe (MXM). It does not load nkpatcher or a bios loader, so anything you run from the MXM menu would need to be signed (boxplorer is signed which is why you don't get an error when using it). Your best bet would be to boot without a disk in the drive. Then launch games/apps from your dash.

An alternative would be to modify your dash to not load the default.xbe from the dvd drive. This will stop backups from loading when you power up with them in the drive. It also allows for IGR to reset to the dashboard, rather than to the disk in the drive.

Thats what i realised last night

I turn it on with nothing in the drive an everythin works fine

Cheers wink.gif

#5 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:26 PM

Glad it worked smile.gif I just realized I mis-typed "dash" instead of "bios" as an alternative. There is also a post floating around here that details a few ways to have the dualboot.xbe launch something other than the ltools MXM dash. Useful is you own an exploitable game and don't want/need the option to load ltools with the drive open. If I can find it again, I'll put a link here if you'd like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users