Photo

Anybody Know Whats Wrong With This Xbox?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XplicitContent

XplicitContent

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Gurls, video games, computer modding, electronic modding, system modding, trampolines, & more gurls!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:11 AM

Hey I have a friend from school, whom I dont see often, and he wants to sell his Xbox cuz it doesnt function correct. He says the front panel led stays green, no audio or video, the fans run, and the dvd drive doesnt open. He also says it could be a corrupted bios or sumthing. Do any of you know what could be the problem with this Xbox? By the way, it is a V1.0. Thanx.

#2 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:15 AM

try to fixed with the modchip (original bios problem) as i fixed brokenxbox that i got from ebay with x2.3b lite+ chip and it start working again

Edited by jack2004, 03 October 2004 - 01:15 AM.

#3 dafuzzbudd

dafuzzbudd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:15 AM

uhm.. is it modded?

could that be incorrect region?

#4 Gokussj5okazu

Gokussj5okazu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:18 AM

Hm, interesting. I don't know much about BIOS, so I don't know if that's the problem, though the modchip does sound like a plan.

Edited by Gokussj5okazu, 03 October 2004 - 01:19 AM.

#5 XplicitContent

XplicitContent

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Gurls, video games, computer modding, electronic modding, system modding, trampolines, & more gurls!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

Could you please tell me how to use the Xecuter 2.3b Lite modchip to fix it? It will fix the dvd drive, and no audio/video problem? I'd like more info on that please. Thanx. By the way, it hasn't been modded I believe.

#6 X3rules

X3rules

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:03 AM

Open that sucker up and see whats up. There will either be a mod chip or not. The solid green with no audio/video and DVD tray not opening points to a bad solder point and/or a overheated console. Check your IDE cable and power cable as well as your other connections to make sure they are nice and tight. If there is a mod chip in there I'd bet a solder came loose and the pinheader is loose. Check your LPC solder points. If it is soldered in you'll have to take out the motherboard and check the underside where the pins were soldered. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users