• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jugs

jugs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:40 PM

I got an xbox mod fitted buy some guy, i think its an apple mod because its mod on orange logo, mod off green logo etc
i dont think its flashed with the evolution x bios because it doesnt show up in the top left corner, so how difficult is it to flash my xbox with evolution x so that i can load the evolution x dashboard on it to transfer files over FTP etc and where do i find out how to flash an apple mod with evolution x bios?

Edited by jugs, 03 October 2004 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

If there is a hacked bios on it alread they you can just install the evox dashboard - it doesnt need the evox bios to load it.

#3 jugs

jugs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:29 PM

thx, thats what i wanted to know, so i can now just burn the evolution x dashboard onto a cd and run it on the xbox because i assume in order for a modchip to work the bios must be hacked anyway?

i have a fixed ip for my xbox so will i have to edit the .ini, and is the evolution x dashboard affected by xbox live updates as i read that somewhere?

Edited by jugs, 03 October 2004 - 08:30 PM.

#4 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:40 PM

It depends on what order your bios boots from. The live updates affect the file called xboxdash.xbe which in an unmodded box is the m$ dash.

Some of the older bios's used to look for that file first to boot up which is why you had to rename your evox dash to that and change the m$ dash to msxboxdash.xbe

If your bois is still looking for the renamed version then yes a live update will destroy it and you will have to re-install evox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users