7 replies to this topic

#1 BigCnasty31

BigCnasty31

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:20 AM

My backups used to all work fine until I had to put my burner in another computer which was also much older and slower one. My brother took his fast computer when he moved and gave me my burner back, but since putting it in my slow computer it has had a lot of problems. I use nero and while it is burning I see the buffer constantly jumping around. Is there something that I can change in the settings like the ultrabuffer settings to get it to burn better?

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:24 AM

What problems are you having? What are your computer specs? OS? RAM? Processor? Burning program? Burner brand and model? Need more info. smile.gif

#3 BigCnasty31

BigCnasty31

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:14 AM

the computer has a pentium 3 1ghz processor, 128mb of ram, and it runs windows 2000. The burning program I use is Nero 6.3.0.3 and my burner is a Liteon 411s

#4 BigCnasty31

BigCnasty31

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:16 AM

also, I burn in udf/iso format with xbox compatability checked and I burn at the lowest speed

#5 chefelf

chefelf

• Head Moderators
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:46 AM

Lite Ons are very particular about their setup. First you should make sure it is a secondary slave. Also what chipset is your motherboard? nVidia chipset drivers tend to conflict with Lite-Ons. If you have chipset drivers installed you may want to consider rolling them back to the MS drivers. Just a couple of things to try.

#6 Lightsier

Lightsier

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:10 AM

You seriously should think about saving up some money and just put a bigger harddrive in your XBox. I mean, I used to pull my hair out too often trying to figure out problems with backups that didn't want to play on DVDs that I had made.

Do yourself a favor and invest $80 and get a 120GB Harddrive from newegg.com and upgrade it.

Edited by Lightsier, 05 October 2004 - 03:12 AM.

#7 smack_blitz

smack_blitz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:43 AM

I think i can't go back to watching loading screens again....

Now my Playstation2, which is notorious for having loading issues (takes forever), now is next to my xbox again because of their hard drive add on. I run games on it like the xbox, with a hard drive... which eliminated 90% of the loading times...

I am also sick of coasters...

my $0.02

#8 chefelf

chefelf

• Head Moderators
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:35 PM

That's all well and good but not particularly helpful. Everyone has their opinions about what the best way to backup is, but since this is a technical forum we try to help people with their particular problems rather than offering alternative methods.

His problem is a specific and technical one, a problem that affects other things besides specifically backing up his Xbox games. I'm sure he'd like the problem solved, not recommendations regarding a new hard drive.

If you're having problems ripping mp3s to your computer, do you want someone in a tech forum telling you to just make CD-R copies instead?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users