c187

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

Ok I knows it's going to sound kind of odd...
But I've been looking and looking and I haven't fond anyone who has done it so I thought I'd ask.

Has any of you been able to take one HDD and set it up so it could work with an XBOX and a PC?

In other words... take lets say a 200GB HDD and partition 100GB for use in a XBOX and another 100GB for use in a PC.

Thanks

#2 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

it's probably workable, as each partition doesn't have 2 be formated 2 the same file system, but a good question is, why? how would this even be helpful 2 u, when u wanna play XBOX u NEED the HDD in your XBOX, and 2 use this space for ur PC well guess where it has 2 b, how do u plan 2 have the drive in 2 places at once, besides all this moving around could kill the drive, kinda like uneeded wear an tear on the drive. I just suggest that you get 2 120GB hdds, 1 for ur XBOX and 1 fer ur PC, I understand it will probably cost u more this way but it's really not that bad i tell ya

#3 c187

c187

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:29 PM

I'm need to use one right now because a few months ago I sold off all of my HDDs on ebay. (including the 10GB that came in the XBOX) Because I got myself two 180GB drives. Then I got a lovely lay-off and had to sell them as well. Needless to say I haven't had a working XBOX and been run'n a KNOPPIX Live-CD snice then. I was able to get a 200GB new for under a $100 on ebay. And that worked in with my budget.

After all you try to pay for art school and live on your own, with next to no income coming in.

As far as preventing wear and tear.... I'm bulinding a case for it to rest in. So that way I can move it around without much hardship on the drive.

If I can't set it up to do what I want then I guess I'm going to have to wait to use the XBOX again... because I kind of need a lot of drive space in order to make a lot of my art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users