• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yt_damnit

yt_damnit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:54 PM

Installed an Ice into a 1.1 box. Solderless. Updated OS to 2.0. Config has Retail and X2 4983. Everything is fine. If the power is off (still plugged into power source however) for an extended amount of time (say overnight) the configuration is lost or reset back to factory. Re-enter config and repeat. Can't seem to find any info on this particular issue. Best guesses? Things to try? A specific LPC not making proper contact?

Thanx in advance

#2 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:15 AM

Make sure there's no recovery.bin on the e drive which could be getting automatically flashed when the date resets!

Update to XOS 2.0.1

#3 yt_damnit

yt_damnit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:28 PM

Hey, thanx for the reply.

I did have 2.0.0 recovery.bin in the e: root. I was able to get the OS up to 2.0.1 and flashed with a bios. I have removed the bin file and the system appeared to be working normal. Appeared being the important word there. After being powered down for at least 30 min the system will only boot to a FRAG. The chip shows a quick red (power) then a quick yellow, and then a constant green. I have no video.

I am going to swap out the ICE with my known good Xenium tonight to see what happens.

#4 yt_damnit

yt_damnit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:33 PM

It appears that my problem was insufficient connections on the LPC points. I 'cleaned' them up with de-solder ribbon and the system is working flawlessly so far (even over night).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users