19 replies to this topic

#1 marvelous

marvelous

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:06 AM

Okay I've been playing around with these new chips for the past week. Seems to me people were having problems installing these new chips. I was also having some problems initially but I got really close with new chip. You can say we're buddies now. tongue.gif

For starters. Take your time installing the new chip. If your doing the wire install careful the wires get cluttered because there are more wires now.

I know most of you installed it correctly and it frags right? Turn off the chip? works fine as regular xbox? The chip lights up and everything?

The biggest drawback about these new chips is the wire install plug. It gets lose. It's not like the old xecuter 2.3b lite where it was stapled to the plug. If you tighten up and realign the pins it wil start your xbox right up if you get the symptoms above or you have screwed your LPC points.

Just a poor design on the plugs other wise a good chip especially with the new lights.

#2 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:In order... Girlfriend, Friends, Xbox/PC shite...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:10 AM

Have you by any chance installed one with the Xapter on a v1.0 motherboard????????? wink.gif sad.gif

#3 marvelous

marvelous

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:14 AM

Why would I install a xaptor? I know how to solder. It's kind of easy just align the chip and screw. Make sure you allign it correctly. Most newbs cannot even allign a chip. LOL Then they come to me screaming.

Edited by marvelous, 06 October 2004 - 06:14 AM.

#4 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:19 AM

HAHA, ya but i have no soldering skillz, and i am using a v1.0 board, so the lpc ports are closed... how do i align them so they are all perfectly touching the points?

I mean, i can do it, but if i so much as FART on my xbox case the vibration sets the points out of alignment...

#5 marvelous

marvelous

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:28 AM

LOL you have a screw driver don't you? Allign it and screw it. Long as it's touching the LPC points you will be good.

#6 mcfly88

mcfly88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:31 AM

It seems odd that so many people are having problems with the Xapter and the 2.6 chip. How can one possibly misalign the LPC/Xadapter?! I'm still having problems with a pair of Xboxes (1.2 and 1.3), both still give me the FRAG when the chip is enabled.

I'm sure taking my time, but this is getting frustrating...

McFly

#7 turbodtalon

turbodtalon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:24 AM

Don't know if you solved your problem yet, but I just solved mine. I was getting a normal M$ boot even though the switch LED inicated the chip was enabled. I tried all kinds of shit, but it turned out that the God-damned switch was faulty! It would indicate chip enabled, but it really wasn't. There was a good enough connection for the LED to illuminate, but not actually power the chip up. There must be two sets of contactors inside that switch. Out of boredom I began wiggling it and out of nowhere the chip's BIOS loads. Must have gotten both sets of contacts to close in doing so. Don't be fooled by the LED. Is the chip powered up or not? Who knows. So if you are positive that you did the mod flawlessly, but you cannot get the chip to boot, see if you can't mess with that switch a bit and maybe solve the problem. And if that doesn't solve it, you may ultimately have to do a voltage check on the chip to see if it is recieving juice or not. Don't ask me how to do this. It would be a matter of tracing out wires to see which ones go to the enable/disable switch. Good luck.

#8 marvelous

marvelous

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:18 AM

DOn't wiggle it it will just make it more lose.

Push it up against the chip.

I had the same problem. The d0 was in there and the chip would not load. It will goto retail bios even if the chip is on. The pins are not making any connection to the chip.

#9 JimBobUK

JimBobUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

as marvelous said...
Take your time installing the chip!

If you took your time installing the chip and it still FRAGs then you didnt take enouugh time!

Its soooo easy! you cant misalligned! there is only 1 D0 you can use!

#10 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:22 PM

A couple questions...

Are the d0 points the same for the x2.6 on the v1 motherboard, as they are for the x2.3b ? Because I cannot find any tutorials on where the d0 point is for the x2.6 for the v1 board, but on older tutorials for the x2.3b it shows the point for a v1 board. So basically, Are the d0 points the same no matter kind of chip you are using?

Also,
What does FRAG mean?

#11 marvelous

marvelous

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:44 AM

All d0 point is the same on version 1.0 or 1.1

flashing=red and green light on the eject button.

Edited by marvelous, 07 October 2004 - 12:47 AM.

#12 JimBobUK

JimBobUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:28 AM

The D0 is not on the chip its poart of the board and in the same place for most v of Xbox

#13 sumo

sumo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

I had no Problem installing the chip and it boots up fine, I can flash the BIOS and all, my problems start after that, Ms dashboard works fine but the bleeding BIOS or some wont boot my Evox with the chip enabled and FRAGs then
I have tried X24983.06, M8 and M7 but always the same, tried 2 diffrent chips on the same xbox and always the same problem.
I thought the difficult part was to solder the chip in BUT noooooooo not in my case smile.gif, that was the easy part. And of course it seems nobody has the same problem or knows anything about this shit so basically Im up shit creek without a paddle.

#14 mcfly88

mcfly88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 08 October 2004 - 04:16 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, there are a few threads with people havnig FRAG issues with the new 2.6 line. Here's my most recent incident...

Quoting from "Xbox 1.6 And 2.6 Lite , Problems" thread :

Been there, done that. Turns out the chip was flashed, I (sort of) fixed the
problem another way.

I grabbed a client's Xbox that I had installed a 2.3b on (Xbox version 1.0).
Threw in the 2.6 chip and (by some miracle) it worked. Cromwell came up and I
danced the dance of joy. Quickly flashed the 2.6 and went back to work on the
other Xbox. This is where it gets weird...

If I touch the chip while it is installed, boots up every single time. Wait 5 mins,
remove the A/C, wait another 5 mins, hook it up... fails to boot. Lightly touch
the back of the chip as I power it up - boots perfectly with the non-cromwell bios.

Anyone else have this experience?

McFly

#15 marvelous

marvelous

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:22 AM

Read my first people.

There's a problem with the Wire Install.

You need to whiggle the wire pins into the chip. The problem is the wire pins are lose and usually don't make good contact with the chip.

What you need to do push the pins far back into the chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users