7 replies to this topic

#1 fireburster

fireburster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:31 PM

It seems that i cant ftp into the xenium OS unless i have the video hooked up. For some reason It pings for the timout because i have quick boot on then it resets the network and i cant ping it. I can only ping the xbox when i have the video hooked up to the xbox in the back.

Weird one.

#2 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:03 AM

Then just keep video hooked up lol. I haven't had time to test this myself but it doesn't seem like a big problem.

#3 fireburster

fireburster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:06 AM

Does when your at work and you are trying to copy a game off the d drive and you dont have a tv in your cube. Or setting up an xbox with a bigger hdd without a tv.

#4 omg

omg

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:10 AM

im pretty sure u dont need it hooked up to a tv just plugged into the back of the xbox as i have done that before

this is microshafts fault as they made it so the xbox errors when trying to start your xbox with out the av cable plugged in

#5 EmperorPsiblade

EmperorPsiblade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Helping newbies, installing modchips, evil genetic experiments......
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (omg @ Oct 6 2004, 11:13 PM)
this is microshafts fault as they made it so the xbox errors when trying to start your xbox with out the av cable plugged in

that is only in a retail bios.. the hacked bioses can boot without an AV cable wink.gif

#6 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:52 AM

I instantboot my xbox to a hacked bios (X2 4981) without an av cable plugged in all the time. And yes, I then FTP in.

#7 antny

antny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:00 PM

that is only in a retail bios.. the hacked bioses can boot without an AV cable

are you sure? I run Xenium ICE on Xbox v1.1 with EvoXM8 and when i try to start up with the AV cable in the back i get red light & beep....

recently switched to XBMC as dash but not tried it without AV cable as i just unplug scart from the TV.

Edited by antny, 07 October 2004 - 02:34 PM.

#8 fireburster

fireburster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:22 PM

This is a 1.6 xbox. Maybe its a 1.6 xbox MS feature as we call it at work.

I have unleashx and xbmc with ip set. I can ftp with av cable plugged in only. I used to just set the xbox here on my desk and copy wma and stuff. I can no longer connect to the xbox without the av cable plugged in. Kinda sucks that i have to bring more stuff to work with me now to ftp into the box.

Edited by fireburster, 07 October 2004 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users