40 replies to this topic

#1 Notachance

Notachance

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 05:50 PM

Just to say that there's a working Halo trainer sitting in the "New Uploads" section of www.xboxsaves.com.

I've just run it myself, and it works as advertised. You press both thumb buttons down, and the trainer menu pops up (looks totally screwed on HDTV, but still readable). You can be unkillable, have infinite ammo, and have a 'bump' mode where you turn into whichever character you run into!

I hope this won't interfere with XBconnect gaming. Oh well.

#2 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 February 2003 - 05:53 PM

Will this work with store bought copys?

#3 Notachance

Notachance

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 06:43 PM

Er, no. It's a patched default.xbe, so you'd have to have the game on your HD (or burn a patched copy to DVD). I think it also has to be the NTSC version.

Having played it for a bit, it's quite fun. I'd be sure to back up your original XBE, since I'm sure it's pretty buggy. Bump mode is a good laugh, running around as a little grunt making silly noises.

#4 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 06:45 PM

I could always just rip my store bought copy to my hard drive and patch it that way, that would work wouldnt it?

#5 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 06:59 PM

Ok how do i patch the xbe file? do i just take out the default from halo and replace it with the hack file and rename IT to default.xbe or what?

#6 Notachance

Notachance

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 07:12 PM

Yup, I just ripped my legit copy to my HD.

To install, download IPSWin. Get the Default.xbe off the XBox. Run IPSWin on it, pointing it to the XBE and trainer IPS file. Put the patched XBE back on the XBox. You're ready to go.

#7 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 07:20 PM

Sweet thanks guy, i was suprised that halo fit on my original HD, i just took out the Xdemos and it fit with plenty of room. biggrin.gif

#8 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 07:52 PM

I tried patching it but when I click on the default.xbe it just goes to a black screen...what did I do wrong?

#9 Notachance

Notachance

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 09:16 PM

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. By "click on", I assume you mean in EvoX/Boxplorer. And you are definitely running the US, NTSC version? Check this by putting Default.XBE in a RAR file, and check out the CRC32 column. It should read 55EA3A03, and after patching, it should read D6AD3F11.

Here's exactly how you should patch it (although I'm sure this is how you did it anyway).

1. Run IPSWin 2.0.
2. In "File to patch", select the default.xbe that you pinched from your Halo DVD. It should be exactly 2,535,424 bytes in size.
3. In "IPS Patch to use", select CZN-HALO.IPS.
4. Turn on "Backup Copy" and "Log File".
5. Click "Patch".
6. Take the now-patched default.xbe, and put it in the Halo folder on your Xbox HD.
7. Run default.xbe as usual.

If you really want I could probably host a link to RAR'ed copy of the patched default.xbe - we both have legit copies!

#10 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 09:20 PM

Yea that'd be cool thanks very much guy biggrin.gif

#11 baturkin17

baturkin17

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Games, Sleep
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2003 - 11:24 PM

what is the medusa option?

and the cheat controller????

#12 mzenone

mzenone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 12:11 PM

medusa- look at enemies and they die...

#13 burnmaster

burnmaster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 12:39 PM

Whoever released this trainer should be shot in the head........why fuck up the best game xbox has?.....it will not be worth playing on xbconnect anymore

#14 mzenone

mzenone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 01:16 PM

from what ive heard- you cant play it on xbconnect?- has anyone confirmed??

#15 Notachance

Notachance

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 01:39 PM

Burnmaster, whoever wrote this trainer should be given a pat on the back. Around here, we reserve headshots for people who pass judgement without bothering to find out the facts.

I've just tried it on xbconnect, and as promised, it's impossible to cheat with it. It does seem to work if you both have identical cheat settings, which is perfect - no advantages, and adds variety to a game that's been getting a little old lately.

Medusa is a bloody awful cheat - there's just bodies everywhere! Why couldn't they have done something so Master Chief runs faster? That would've been a popular mod.

The only downside to all this is that whilst Crazy Nation have been very responsible in preventing cheating with their trainer, they've also demonstrated that cheating is possible. It could be a matter of time before Burnmaster isn't talking out of his arse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users