FusionKnight

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:35 PM

Hi guys,

I've got a softmodded 1.6 xbox with evox and a 200gb hdd on it as of right now. My buddy told me to try avalaunch, so I did, and most of the games that are on my hard drive work fine with both evox and avalaunch, but both Fable and Hunter Redeemer work only on evox. When I try to start them in avalaunch, the audio works fine, but the video seems to be distorted, as if it's trying to show five or six smaller distorted screens. I don't think I'm explaining the video problem very well, but I'm hoping that there's a simple solution and it's common knowledge how to fix this. That said, I did a search and couldn't find anything for my problem, so maybe not.

Is it possible that the games could be PAL versions, and evox converts it to NTSC (or something) and avalaunch can't handle it? *shrug*

Thanks for any help!
FK

#2 FusionKnight

FusionKnight

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:49 PM

60 views and no replies? Someone must have had this problem, somewhere....

FK

#3 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:31 PM

Fable and Hunter Redeemer work only on evox. When I try to start them in avalaunch, the audio works fine, but the video seems to be distorted, as if it's trying to show five or six smaller distorted screens. I don't think I'm explaining the video problem very well, but I'm hoping that there's a simple solution and it's common knowledge how to fix this. That said, I did a search and couldn't find anything for my problem, so maybe not.

I have Fable and a friend of mine has Hunter Redeemer and we both use Avalaunch. Both games work just fine. Do you have an HDTV? If so, does the input you have your XBox plugged into accept a 480i signal? I have not had this problem, but I have read reports that some people have had problems with Fable running in 480i instead of 480p. That would cause the issue you described. I don't know about Hunter. But, yeah, if the games are trying to run in PAL mode that could also be the cause.

#4 alaskanspawn

alaskanspawn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE(FusionKnight @ Oct 6 2004, 03:11 PM) View Post

Hi guys,

I've got a softmodded 1.6 xbox with evox and a 200gb hdd on it as of right now. My buddy told me to try avalaunch, so I did, and most of the games that are on my hard drive work fine with both evox and avalaunch, but both Fable and Hunter Redeemer work only on evox. When I try to start them in avalaunch, the audio works fine, but the video seems to be distorted, as if it's trying to show five or six smaller distorted screens. I don't think I'm explaining the video problem very well, but I'm hoping that there's a simple solution and it's common knowledge how to fix this. That said, I did a search and couldn't find anything for my problem, so maybe not.

Is it possible that the games could be PAL versions, and evox converts it to NTSC (or something) and avalaunch can't handle it? *shrug*

Thanks for any help!
FK

I have the same problem with Hunter getting the distorted screen etc... I tried using Ava and XBMC to launch and the DVD straight up but nothing worked. Out of dumb luck I tried the Game Manager in DVD2XBOX and ran it from there. It worked! Give it a try, I didn't do anything special, just launched DVD2XBOX from XBMC and ran Hunter...all good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users