7 replies to this topic

#1 jason261

jason261

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:33 AM

Can xenium format pre determined sized F: and G:drives, and then the formatted partitions are useable by linux? Because currently I have an alladin xt and im wanting E: Drive as gentoox, 50 gig F: partition for Gentoox Media Center, And the rest of the drive on G: for other things... So my question is, is this possible with xenium?????

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

I doubt it. Xenium can format F and G if thats what your asking, but so can Evox. I think Gentoox MCE is installed on E & F formated for media anyway.

Edited by bucko, 07 October 2004 - 05:40 PM.

#3 jason261

jason261

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:48 PM

bucko, never reply to any of my posts ever again, thanks. You didnt answer my question at all. Of course i know evox can format those partitions, im talking about CUSTOM SIZED PARTITIONS. I know xbparitioner can do this, but linux cant use partitions made by xbpartitioner. I have heard that using xenium os that you can make custom partitions that can be used by linux, so to clarify my question even farthur....

Can the xenium os format F and G to any determined size (for example F: drive be 50 gigs, and G: drive be 100 gigs) If it can do this, can linux use those custom partioned F: and G: drives???

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Maybe if you stated xbox partitioner i might not have replied. This is a free community, im entitled to reply to any thread i want no matter who the user is unles the topic is locked/dumped. Sorry

Edited by bucko, 07 October 2004 - 09:53 PM.

#5 jason261

jason261

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:34 AM

You are probably the biggest dork ever, and a stupid one at that. My post has nothing to do with xbpartitioner. It is asking if the xenium os has a feature that is exactly like xbpartitioner, but using a partitioning table useable by linux. How hard is that to understand?

#6 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (jason261 @ Oct 8 2004, 06:37 AM)
You are probably the biggest dork ever, and a stupid one at that. My post has nothing to do with xbpartitioner. It is asking if the xenium os has a feature that is exactly like xbpartitioner, but using a partitioning table useable by linux. How hard is that to understand?

I don't know, i suspect not.

I believe the Xenium normally formats with the standard partition tables, you get the choice of "F only" or "F+G", but its been a while since I formatted an xbox drive, and things may have changed with the latest versions.

#7 cap269

cap269

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:55 PM

Xenium OS does not have the capability to create custom sized partitions. It uses the standard partitioning. Either all additional space on F, or up to 137GB on F and rest on G. Nor does it let you resize C, E, X, Y, or Z.

#8 jason261

jason261

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

thank you very much cap, thats exactly what i was looking for. Any idea if software like this to accomplish my goal will become available any time soon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users