4 replies to this topic

#1 geno2005

geno2005

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:16 PM

i own a v1.6 xbox. i know that i will have to solder if i want to mod. where is a good place to get soldering equipment and what r good prices. anything u can tell me about soldering would be great.

#2 nathanael

nathanael

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Modchips<br />Computer<br />Tv
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:30 PM

I live in australia so i got my stuff from dicksmith good soldering iron good solder $20AUD so there. i supose you could go to your nearest hardware store. laugh.gif

#3 ripper182

ripper182

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:33 PM

too much to say for anyone to want to type out. remember to not get it too hot, u could ruin the board, ummm, dont do it if u dont think u can, maybe get a bread board and try hooking up a led (easy instructions all over the net) so you can get a feel for it becuase it all comes down to experience with this skill. equipment is going to pretty much be the same all over, people might have their preferences but there really isnt too much difference between them. i got mine at a flea market for really cheap and it works fine for me.

#4 blizzard122189

blizzard122189

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:42 PM

I buy all my stuff from Radio Shack, they sell good stuff and have a good selection.

#5 Modiller

Modiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:28 PM

what I recomend purchasing if your going to attemp to solder in your own chip on the 1.6mobo.

15Watt thin tip soldering pencil
.32 solder
flux
desolder braid
32gage wire
wire strippers
electrical tape

some things on the list are optional. Now I hope you look over 1.6 guides and are confident you can do that. If you know you cant then follow the url in my signature those guys do a amazing job. But if your set on your self doing the install you really should practive a lot before you touch your xbox. Especially since it's a 1.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users